Curious - Electric Water Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious - Electric Water Heaters

I wonder how many people are going to claim an energy credit for their new electric water heater.

Electric Water Heater

The Q book has 2 pages on the credit. From what I see electic heaters have to be heat pumps with energy factor 2. Even gas water heaters need to be Energy Factor .80 which means most do not qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim R View Post
      The Q book has 2 pages on the credit. From what I see electic heaters have to be heat pumps with energy factor 2. Even gas water heaters need to be Energy Factor .80 which means most do not qualify.
      Electric water heaters do not qualify at all. The ONLY water heaters that qualify are some of the TANKLESS ones. I bet there will be many claims for the credit for water heaters that are not tankless.

Comment

In a word,

Originally posted by Larmil View Post
        I wonder how many people are going to claim an energy credit for their new electric water heater.
        EVERYBODY!

Be it tank, tankless, electric, propane, natural gas, oil, or tractor fuel; the average t/p's going to come in and say "I bought a new one at...(Lowe's/Home Depot/wherever)...to get that new credit and by George, I'm claimin' it, I don't care if it harelips the governor. What? No, I didn't keep the bill, but it's okay -- I know it was $500 and, besides, the salesman guaranteed me that it absolutely qualifies 100% for the tax thing."

Comment

Bart

Sounds like Barts been doing taxes for awhile.LOL
          I agree Black Bart, people will try to get anything by you if they think they can.
          ken

Comment

Working...
          X