Did You Know?? Dealdine April 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Know?? Dealdine April 17

Did you know that the tax deadline this year is NOT Monday April 16, but is Tuesday April 17th due the the Wash. DC holiday of Emancipation Day.

I think that is only for a few states ( New England area) and the District of Columbia (DC). The rest of us will be taking a well deserved day of rest on the 17th.

Comment

John, thanks for the tip, but could you provide a bit more info please? Only aware of the 17 Apr deadline applying to Maine, NH, Mass, DC, NY, VT, Maryland. (Pub 17)

Comment

IRS says Apr 17

Originally posted by BP. View Post
        John, thanks for the tip, but could you provide a bit more info please? Only aware of the 17 Apr deadline applying to Maine, NH, Mass, DC, NY, VT, Maryland. (Pub 17)
        The IRS announced today in a quick alert that the deadline is Apr 17th because Apr 16 is a legal holiday in D.C.

Comment

QuickAlerts from IRS today

The Internal Revenue Service announced today, Taxpayers across the nation
          will have until Tuesday, April 17, 2007, to file their 2006 returns and pay
          any taxes due.

Taxpayers will have extra time to file and pay, because April 15 falls on a
          Sunday in 2007, and the following day, Monday, April 16, is Emancipation
          Day, a legal holiday in the District of Columbia.

The April 17, 2007 deadline will apply to any of the following:

- 2006 federal individual income tax returns, whether filed electronically
          or on paper.

- Requests for an automatic six-month tax-filing extension, whether
          submitted electronically or on a paper Form 4868.

- Tax year 2006 balance due payments, whether made electronically (direct
          debit or credit card) or by check.

- Tax-year 2006 contributions to a Roth or traditional IRA.

- Individual estimated tax payments for the first quarter of 2007, whether
          made electronically or by check.

- Individual refund claims for tax year 2003, where the regular three-year
          statute of limitations is expiring.

Other tax-filing and payment requirements affected by this change are
          described in IRS Publication 509, Tax Calendars for 2007, available at the
          IRS web site at http://www.irs.gov/publications/p509/index.html.

Additional information is available in the IRS News Release # IR-2007-15.

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks much for the info.

Comment

IRS Site for this deadline

IRS News Release IR-2007-15 is the authority for the tax deadline. It is April 17 nationwide. Now lets hope that the US Postoffice's that open until midnight (ours does) get the right day.

Comment

Sorry

Sorry, I just realized that Redneck already give the site, thank you Redneck. Just an FYI, I signed up for automatic faxes of IRS News Releases. It's something they offered tax preparers who electroncly file 2 years ago, and thats how I knew so fast.

Comment

I get mine for IRS by e-mail just because I asked.

Comment

FYI Calif

California will also use the 4/17/07 date. Came through on the CSEA notice this afternoon.

Sandy

Comment

Good article on deadline

There is a good article on this April 17th filing deadline at www.TAXALMANAC.org
                      right on their homepage.

Comment

Deadline

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                        I think that is only for a few states ( New England area) and the District of Columbia (DC). The rest of us will be taking a well deserved day of rest on the 17th.
                        That is what I want to believe. Unless the news media makes a big deal out of it I'll keep saying April 15th. I do not want to encourage the people who want to come in on 5:00 of the last day.

Comment

Working...
                        X