I'm outta here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holland View Post
    My main office is less than a mile from Kailua Beach (ranked as the best beach in the US) and I have not been there in a great many years. Haven't been IN the water here for over nine years.

It ought to be a crime for any Hawaii resident to go an entire year without ever going to the beach.

Right now in Minnesota, it is 9 degrees with the wind chill approaching 30 below. Come visit us in Minnesota for a couple of days. You’ll go back home and jump in that water real quick like.

Comment

I'm outta here

Hi Brad
      I have never been much of a "go in the water" person. I do love to listen to and watch the waves. Houses on the North Shore are minimum 1/2 mil...totally out of my range...computers last three years, if you're lucky, with the salt air. The big surf is beautiful and the green turtles sun on the beach....when I want to relax, I go visit them.
      www.turtles.org taxea
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Weather

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl View Post
        It ought to be a crime for any Hawaii resident to go an entire year without ever going to the beach.

Right now in Minnesota, it is 9 degrees with the wind chill approaching 30 below. Come visit us in Minnesota for a couple of days. You’ll go back home and jump in that water real quick like.
        Hi Brad:

Well, I was born and raised in Saskatchewan - I still own a farm there. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your weather. You won't realize how nice weather and climate changes are until you experience a dozen years of neither.

ps: Still haven't seen my CD!

Christopher Mewhort, EA, CGA
        mewhorttax.com

Comment

Wahiawa

If you know the location of Wahiawa, it might be easy to understand why he doesn't go to the beach. Of course, ANYone on Oahu can be convenient to a beach, but Wahiawa is one of few places on Oahu not within sight of the ocean. This is a small town centrally located on that island, bounded on the west by Oahu's highest mountain range, and also on the east by yet another range.

The fabulous windward beach at Kailua is accessible only by two tunnels, unless one wishes to circumvent the range via the road that circles the entire island - this is not a beach-goers route but a sightseers route. The famous beach at Waikiki requires one to fight the notorious traffic in Honolulu.

For those used to living on the mainland, Wahiawa would be considered a mainstream town, normal in the sense that it is not a tourist trap. Plenty of agriculture as it is surrounded by pineapple plantations. Very much like any small town on the mainland, and nothing within sight of a beach. Nearest body of any consequence is Pearl Harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
            Holland...do you work for Holland Tax? My mom lives in Kailua 200 yards from the beach. Can't agree...the North Shore has the best beaches. Born and raised in Wahiawa, God's Country...Kailua is way to hot for me.

I just sent close to 300 client worksheets so I'm not in the thick of it yet. taxea
            I AM Holland Tax Services! :-)

Christopher Mewhort, EA, CGA
            mewhorttax.com

Comment

Working...
            X