Itin Ral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itin Ral

Another first: Client and spouse both have ITINs and want to apply for a RAL. The bank says they will consider it, yeah right. Sure enough, they are approved and issued a check for the entire refund (less my fees) 6 hours after e-filing it. No EITC of course, but the refund consists of Additional Child Tax Credit and the phone credit.

I'm not a fan of the RAL but that fee does look nice in my bank account!
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Question

Did the W-2 also have his ITIN listed?

I was led to believe that if W-2 did not have ITIN listed ERO's can not E-File. Was this a Sch. C?

As far as bank balances they add up fast,pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
      Did the W-2 also have his ITIN listed?

I was led to believe that if W-2 did not have ITIN listed ERO's can not E-File. Was this a Sch. C?

As far as bank balances they add up fast,pronto.
      Nope, he has a SSN on the W2. New this year, IRS allows efiling of ITIN returns, this was the first time I tried it and no problems with the filing at all. Now what theIRS does with it after this I don't know, as far as straightening out the discrepancy between the numbers.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Taxmandan

Could you give me the site or location of change, concerning e-filing ITIN Clients. I never received any new information concerning change. Looked at irs.gov, under e-filing ITINs nothing hits. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Kong, you mentioned you weren't able to find info on this subject at irs.gov. Check again and click on the tax pro tab, then scroll down to the link "ITIN reminders for tax pros."

Comment

I was notified by the NAEA and then my software company advised that they were able to handle the efiling of ITINs.

Comment

How does your client have a SS# and ITIN?

An ITIN is issued to a taxpayer who is not eligible for a SS#....how did your client come about having both?

Comment

BP-member

Thank you for the information. I found article. I will be trying out on first ITIN client coming in.

This board is awesome! Good Information.

Comment

You go downtown, pay the guy hanging out near the used car lot $50 and he gets you a bonafide SSN. Faster than them bureaucrats at the SSA! Then you can get a job and support your family. Ain't America great!

Oh yeah, theIRS issued the ITIN several years ago since they can't match him to the SSN he's using for work.

Comment

That's what I thought

Yeah, America home of the you can buy anything...hehe

Comment

I am so happy to have found this board!

I have been purchasing the taxbook for a few years but just discovered this board a few months ago. This board is excellent - the people are great!

Having said that, this thread helped solve my first ITIN/SSN mismatch issue. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
                        Another first: Client and spouse both have ITINs and want to apply for a RAL. The bank says they will consider it, yeah right. Sure enough, they are approved and issued a check for the entire refund (less my fees) 6 hours after e-filing it. No EITC of course, but the refund consists of Additional Child Tax Credit and the phone credit.

I'm not a fan of the RAL but that fee does look nice in my bank account!
                        How did the client have a phone credit?
                        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
                          How did the client have a phone credit?
                          Orig post dated Jan 2007; so 2006 return.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
                            Orig post dated Jan 2007; so 2006 return.
                            Thanks. I hadn't noticed that.
                            You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
                            X