E-Services and transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Services and transcripts

I understand from what I've read here that if you file a certain number of e-files, then you can get copies of clients' transcripts jiffy-quick. I filed about 100 returns electronically last year, so if that's enough to qualify me can somebody tell me how to go about signing up for the e-services and getting them?

Thanks.

E-services on line

Go to IRS.gov; Tax professional then to eservices on line.. you have to set up ID & password. Just follow the lines on the application

thanks brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Five

Only five e-files required to use that service - has couple other features as well.

Comment

Not Jiffy Quick

I use this feature to get transcripts and file POA's online. IT's great, but painfully slow. The fastest I ever got a transcript was 35 minutes. Almost every time, the system kicks me off, then gives me a phone # to call, then I call and the IRS person (no wait on hold) takes me through it. This is obviously some sort of security procedure.

Comment

My experience has been entirely different. e-Services has worked very well for me and instantly for transcripts. POAs are a little more cumbersome.

Comment

I LOVE E-services

Getting a POA done on there might take 15 minutes, but getting the transcripts is instant. NO waiting, NO talking to IRS deadheads, NO problems. It's a great tool, must have been designed by an outside contractor, because the service could have never come up with something so user friendly!

Comment

Beware of odd quirk

Originally posted by solomon View Post
              Only five e-files required to use that service - has couple other features as well.
              After I had filed ~ 20 returns (mostly business maybe 4 1040's), I checked to see if my status had flipped to allow me to use the other e-services (transcript, etc.). When it hadn't, I called and was informed that it's 5 1040's - the business returns didn't count.

Thankfully, whomever it was that I spoke with on the phone overrode the system for me so that my business returns would count.

Now I have access to all the e-services, and like another poster wrote, I get transcripts, etc instantaneously. Never really had problems after that.

Comment

Working...
              X