Sales tax deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales tax deduction

The IRS is not accepting returns with Sales Tax Deduction until Feb3.
    I was wondering if my client can itemize his deductions and not claiming the sales tax

thanks
    brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

I would......

......... think so.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I think so

I think he can, but if deducting sales tax would result in a lower tax, why wouldn't he choose to wait?

I know lots of these folks are wanting their money in a hurry, but stress to them that if they choose to do this, he will have to either forego the deduction or file an amended return. An amended return can be costly, and often offset the benefits of chasing the money unless the difference is substantial. I've also known amended returns to drag out for over two years on occasion.

Comment

He has more than enough to cover. His taxable income is zero.

That is exactly what I thought ; however I was looking for a second opinion.

thanks guys

brian
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
        X