Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax coupon

I would say the biggest things that each person mentioned:

The 20% off. (everyone likes getting a bargain)
    My service of coming to their home or office.
    I'm a LOCAL professional

Some people just like the feel of working with a local who isn't affiliated with a national chain - use it to your advantage.

Comment

Publicize Yourself

Let everyone know what you do, what your strengths are, what type of returns you prepare, and what else you do besides just prepare returns. Always have business cards with you to give out when anyone shows any interest in talking with you further. Always give multiple cards: one to keep, one to give to spouse, one to put on rolodex at work, one to give to someone else, etc. Answer questions, or seem to at least, in social/church/work/etc. settings; invite them to come in to talk further where you have your resources available (it's also easier to make an appointment for them during tax season if they're already in your office asking questions about year-end planning this month). Give a gift certificate to a church fair or nursery school fund raiser or some other event where you'll be present to field questions and hand out more business cards and invite people in to talk further; give a year-end tax planning or tax changes talk at church or a senior center or a huge condo complex. When someone mentions their mother's situation or son's or..., hand them another business card to give to that person and ask mom or son or... to call you directly. But, most of all, ask all your current clients to recommend you and give them more business cards to do so. I've also heard of preparers asking a larger firm that won't prepare simpler returns under $X to send their simple returns to the independent preparer. Or, the preparer who does a lot of small business returns asking the local preparer who does only individual returns to send his small businesses.... You get the idea; find someone who's more established than you but who doesn't do everything to send you those returns that fit your niche. Again, make sure you give them lots of business cards to hand out. And, send them some returns that fit THEIR niche, so they keep sending you business. Basically, keep your eyes and ears open, and open your mouth when appropriate.

Comment

Working...
      X