Arkansas Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arkansas Law

Snaggletooth posted a message saying that it's illegal to lasso a fish in Tennessee, so...here's my state's contribution to jurisprudence -- aka ArkansaW law.

(1) The Arkansas River may not rise higher than the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

(2) Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs and dogs may not bark after 6 PM.

(3) Men and women flirting on the streets of Little Rock may be jailed for 30 days.

(4) Arkansas must be pronounced "Arkansaw."

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    Snaggletooth posted a message saying that it's illegal to lasso a fish in Tennessee, so...here's my state's contribution to jurisprudence -- aka ArkansaW law.

(1) The Arkansas River may not rise higher than the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

(2) Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs and dogs may not bark after 6 PM.

(3) Men and women flirting on the streets of Little Rock may be jailed for 30 days.

(4) Arkansas must be pronounced "Arkansaw."
    In the state of Kansas the Arkansas River is usually pronounced "ahr-KAN-zuhs".

Comment

I have no way of knowing if these are true, but according to one google search I did, a website makes the following claims about Minnesota:

(1) It is illegal to cross the state line with a duck on your head.

(2) In International Falls, cats are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles.

(3) It is illegal for a person to tease skunks.

Comment

anything unusual

>>a website makes the following claims about Minnesota<<

These are funny! I did a similar search for California, but there really isn't anything unusual.

Comment

In one town in Washington up north of seattle it is against the law to dance in public.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen View Post
            These are funny! I did a similar search for California, but there really isn't anything unusual.

Again, I don't know if these are true, but the same website says the following about California:

(1) In California it is illegal for a vehicle to exceed 60 mph without a driver.

(2) In Long Beach it is illegal to swear on a mini-golf course.

(3) Since 1929 it has been illegal to wiggle while dancing in Stockton.

(4) It is against the law to set a mousetrap unless you have a hunting licence.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
              In one town in Washington up north of seattle it is against the law to dance in public.
              From my days at UW, I recall some very unusual drinking laws in Washington prior to the World's Fair. It was illegal to stand up with a drink in your hand in a public establishment. It was unlawful for women to sit at the bar. And the only acceptable ID was a Washington State Liquor ID Card.

Comment

Dumb (name of your state) laws.

Type that in Google and you'll get a list of your state's.

P.S. Hey! I just noticed -- it's okay for me to beat my wife (but not more than once a month).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                  Type that in Google and you'll get a list of your state's.

P.S. Hey! I just noticed -- it's okay for me to beat my wife (but not more than once a month).
                  I tired this it was pretty interesting.
                  It is illigal in Washington to "deflower a virgin, even on their wedding night". I guess the state better start to build more jails.

Comment

>>to "deflower a virgin, even on their wedding night"<<

Whose wedding night?

Comment

Michigan

1. You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.
                      2. A woman isn't allowed to get her hair cut without her husband's permission.
                      3. Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
                      4. It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.

Some others in CA

1. It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
                      2. Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
                      3. Sunshine is guaranteed to all residents.
                      I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen View Post
                        >>to "deflower a virgin, even on their wedding night"<<

Whose wedding night?
                        The Virgin's wedding night.

Comment

many virgins

>>The Virgin's wedding night<<

Besides the capital letter, that doesn't make sense because the quote was about "their" wedding night, a definite plural. So are there more than one virgins (with or without a capital)? Anyway, I don't think a virgin can get married, sort of a contradiction in terms, but then again I don't know that many virgins.

Comment

You may not swear

>>You may not swear in front of women<<

You got that right. I learned long ago--when you need to swear about something to do with a woman, you'd better do it behind her back.

Comment

Yeah, but

Originally posted by Larmil View Post
                              In the state of Kansas the Arkansas River is usually pronounced "ahr-KAN-zuhs".
                              they are prejudiced because they want the "kansas" part to be clearly heard. Wait'll I catch one of them on this side of the line -- I'm makin' a citizen's arrest.

What's in Missouri?

Comment

Working...
                              X