Intuit Lacerte Tax Law Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intuit Lacerte Tax Law Update

Has anyone used the online CPE Credit from Lacerte called Tax Law Update. It is a CPE course that ties in the learning with the software, so you know just how to enter an item of recent tax law change. I had all kinds of trouble loggin in and getting started the first time. Took over a half hour and still cound not get in. It looks like I now am in, but only after asking for my money back. I'm interest in any other experiences here.

I went through the online 2006 update seminar the other day . It was prettty good. I had no trouble loging on or navigating.

Comment

Ty

TY sea tax

Comment

I too had trouble logging in the first time. And the second time. When I called Lacerte, they had trouble as well.
        Dave, EA

Comment

Lacerte Sales Rep

I have found that getting your Lacerte Sales Rep involved helps resolve these issues. It's a shame it has to come to this. In my case, I was supposed to be entering my Email address as my user name (instead of my user name). How was I supposed to know this? The Tech support person did not even know this.
          Oh well!

Comment

John OF PA , I have never had to go that far. It seems rather odd for Lacerte they usually are really good about the service. At least this is my expierence. It is unfortunate though when you don't get help.

After you logged on how did the seminar go was it worth while?

Comment

Another problem I encountered was with the browser I was using (AOL). It wouldn't work for me using AOL. I had to use IE to log on. However, I'm sure any of the other browsers would work as well?
              Dave, EA

Comment

The Seminar is Excellent

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                John OF PA , I have never had to go that far. It seems rather odd for Lacerte they usually are really good about the service. At least this is my expierence. It is unfortunate though when you don't get help.

After you logged on how did the seminar go was it worth while?
                The seminar is excellent. I just spent about 10 minutes in it. You can go in and out as you wish. It summarizes the new tax laws, then shows how you handle the input on the Lacerte screen. The CPE exam, however, must be taken all in one session, and cannot be done a little each day. I look forward to using this while I'am preparing tax returns for various issues I may run into.

Comment

Same Problem with Verizon DSL

Originally posted by dsi View Post
                  Another problem I encountered was with the browser I was using (AOL). It wouldn't work for me using AOL. I had to use IE to log on. However, I'm sure any of the other browsers would work as well?
                  I had the same problem. When I would try to log-in and establish my registration with Lacerte "My Account", I would never receive the Email authorizing my registration. AFter various calls, Lacerte determined that Verizon was blocking Lacerte Emails (only certain ones) as spam, and Lacerte has been unsuccesfully trying to resolve this with Verizon for 2 years. So I had to get a local ISP with a different Email address, just for use with Lacerte "My Account". Sounds like maybe AOL is doing the same.

Comment

John what if you add the Lacerte email to your buddy list or contacts. Maybe then it will not be an issue. I have qwest DSl and it has not been an issue.

Comment

Buddy List?

John what if you add the Lacerte email to your buddy list or contacts. Maybe then it will not be an issue. I have qwest DSl and it has not been an issue.
                      I'm not sure I follow you here.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
                        I'm not sure I follow you here.
                        Want I meant was if you use a program like outlook to manage your e-mail sometimes you have to specifically allow certain people to be able to email you.

Comment

Thank You

Want I meant was if you use a program like outlook to manage your e-mail sometimes you have to specifically allow certain people to be able to email you.
                          Thanks, I did not know that Outlook (which I do use) will allow you to let in certain Emails, however, if Verizon is blocking Lacerte's Email, then it will never reach Outlook.

Comment

Working...
                          X