1099-Misc For Rents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-Misc For Rents

Just to clarify my understanding of reporting rents paid on form 1099-Misc. If the lessor is a Corp then the person renting a warehouse or building from the lessor does not have to furnish a 1099-Misc. Would you only furnish the lessor a 1099-Misc if the lessor is an individual?

Often real estate is owned as an LLC or LLP, then you also need to send the 1099.

Comment

Corporations do not get 1099s except if it is a lawyer and some other professionals. An LLC can be a corporation, partnership or Schecule C. How it is taxed will determine its 1099 status. Partnerships and Soleproprietors get a 1099.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thanks

for the response

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
          An LLC can be a corporation, partnership or Schedule C. How it is taxed will determine its 1099 status. Partnerships and Sole proprietors get a 1099.
          How is the company issuing the 1099 to know that an LLC is taxed as a corporation and the 1099 is not to be issued? I believe the IR Code says "corporation" as in a state organized entity and "taxed as a corporation" is not the same thing. I would issue the 1099 to all LLC's.

Comment

I happen.....

..... to disagree, but to each their own.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack View Post
              How is the company issuing the 1099 to know that an LLC is taxed as a corporation and the 1099 is not to be issued? I believe the IR Code says "corporation" as in a state organized entity and "taxed as a corporation" is not the same thing. I would issue the 1099 to all LLC's.
              I just dealed with this issue myself and was thinking the same as you do. On second thought, I think, that 1099 are federal requirements and with selecting to be taxes as a corporation should also come the benefit in regards to 1099's. At least it is a good argument if challenged.

Comment

Working...
              X