Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexcio

Client move from Wisconsin to Mexico.

So what do I do with this? I heard the US taxes it all and then gives a credit back. Logistically is this a big deal.

I assume WI will not tax him any more since he moved away and is not coming back.

Thanks

Bjorn

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Client move from Wisconsin to Mexico.

I assume WI will not tax him any more since he moved away and is not coming back.

Not necessarily, some states have tried to tax citizens who relocated out of country. This was several years ago and I didn't keep up with how it ended up. I think the issue was that some people keep a state driver's license, bank account, and some even kept voting (by absentee ballot) so the state said they were still subject to tax. I know the lower courts upheld for the state, don't know what Appeals Courts said, sorry.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Same,,,

,,,,,, with NY. They don't like to give up calling people that move out of the county a NY resident. An example would be a military person living on base anywhere in the world.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
      X