1099 & Q.books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 & Q.books

When printing 1099's in QB's, must you have pre-printed paper stock? Since 1099's can be printed on blank paper, I was suprised when prompted to enter pre-printed stock.

Yep,

Mail-in IRS 1099s still are required to be on the "RED" forms. The black/white forms are for you and your clients' copies.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Q.Books and the other form

Thanks, I understand the red copy must be sent in.
      I am interested in prining copy B. , but QB's ask for preprinted stock. I would like
      to know if it will print the 1099's on blank paper.

Comment

My program does....

..... but your program needs to be able to print the form as well as the details. I should of left someone that uses QB to answer your question as I misunderstood it.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

QB will print just the information (numbers & names). It will not draw the boxes or provide any of the information that is on the pre-printed forms for any of the copies.

So if you can get the info you need from that fine. Otherwise, you'll need to order forms. The IRS will send them to you for free if you order from their website.

Comment

Working...
          X