Schedule D transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various

My software allows "various" on the purchase and sale dates. Also, allows the option of checking long or short. No bad diagnostics. Must be the same for other software.

I have only attached the complete broker sheet to a return one time, last year. This couple had over 15,000 trades for the year. That would have amounted to a $41,250 Schedule D. I lost my nerve!

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
      My software allows "various" on the purchase and sale dates. Also, allows the option of checking long or short. No bad diagnostics. Must be the same for other software.

I have only attached the complete broker sheet to a return one time, last year. This couple had over 15,000 trades for the year. That would have amounted to a $41,250 Schedule D. I lost my nerve!

Dennis

I would be intersted to know how much money they made with all those trades. I mean net gain.

I would venture to say that is was marginal at best, but maybe not.
      DTS could you give me a little more info?

Comment

Sea-tax...

There was a loss of almost $43,000, all short, plus a $18,000 carryforward from the previous year.

His last words to me were that he had learned his lesson!

Dennis

Comment

Various not OK for Stocks

I believe the IRS wants actual purchase dates enter for stock purchases, not various.
          Various is OK for mutual funds.
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

The book saith ...

See the instructions for Schedule D, page D-6, third column, fifth paragraph.

Comment

Working...
            X