Disclaimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclaimer

I know we are supposed to have a disclaimer at the end of our emails to clients. But I need a sample or someone to tell me where to find it.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Linda F

Linda

Do you mean a disclaimer like on a fax that may have gone to the wrong person or a disclaimer that "this is not legal advice, etc., etc.?"

Comment

I have my computer set up to put this at the end of all e-mail

“Due to the requirements of IRS Circular 230, the above comments are not a ‘covered opinion’ which means that they cannot be relied upon for protection of tax penalties. If you wish to have a ‘covered opinion’, please give me a call so that we can discuss this in full.”

THIS INFORMATION MAY BE FROM CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION THAT IS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE DISCLOSURE (OR RE-DISCLOSURE) OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE PERSON(S) TO WHOM IT PERTAINS.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thanks Jiggers

That was what I was looking for. Someone mentioned it at a Tax Practiioner Managerment Forum I went to. I knew it was something I should have at the end of emails. But since I don't have a websie and the people I email are my clients who are just sending me information or asking a question, I didn't feel it was urgent. But tax season is starting and I need to implement some new goals and ideas. So this is the first of them.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks, Linda F

Comment

Is there a way.....

..... to have this disclaimer [automatically] appear on all emails without doing a copy/paste or attachment?
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

How to put on e-mail

Originally posted by BOB W
            ..... to have this disclaimer [automatically] appear on all emails without doing a copy/paste or attachment?
            Go to your e-mail, Tools, Options, Signature, then put that statement there. At least that is how mine works.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Ok....

.... I got it, Thanks...

There was a check-off that also needed to be checked, then it worked.
              Last edited by BOB W; 12-30-2006, 09:31 AM.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

You are sending confidential information via e-mail, so you are encrypting it first, right? E-mails are like postcards, everyone can read them.

I am using Cryptainer LE and like it! It is available for free download at

Daniel
                "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

How does....

the client unencript the email? Since it is free, can't anyone open it?

Comment

You encrypt and give it a password, you then call the client and tell the password or, I often put a note on the cover of the e-mail that the password is his son's DOB: MMDDYYYY. Or some other unique information that the public doesn't have that the client does.

Daniel
                    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X