Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecb34691

Are you around (and still with J-H)?

Yes, I also read this board several times a day and respond or submit sometimes. I'm still at JH and have been for over 10 years.
    Last edited by ecb34691; 12-31-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks for responding

I asked a few questions last year about the holiday loans that J-H was making last year and you gave us some basic information (but no "trade secrets" as you said at the time) about it. Our local J-H office was doing a tremendous loan business all day today and up until a couple of hours ago -- parking lot full and standing room only. Did that happen at all the offices today (a coordinated nationwide debut) or is the timing up to the local franchisees?

Too, I realize they can download ADP W-2 info from some employers, but for the others who have only a "last paycheck stub," what's to keep them from not telling you about their spouse's wages (or other income or loss of dependents, etc.) which might disqualify them from an actual IRS refund of large amounts of EITC? I assume you're not loaning the majority of the refund, but it looks like that would be very risky -- is it not?

Comment

ecb

ECB - we like having you on this board. Needless to say, most of us look at the national firms with a jaded eye, because they are stiff competition with economic products such as what Bart has pointed out. These products appeal to the public whether they are in their best interest or not. Our local HRB office has been swamped the last three days.

But your posts and insights have always been refreshing, and it's nice to have someone from the big firms that is as knowledgeable as yourself. We enjoy hearing from you, and don't be a stranger ---

Snag

Comment

Yesterday was nationwide opening of all JH offices except those in retail locations. Yes the system was "overloaded" but managed to get through the day. I was there over 12 hours and am ready to return for today as we have many appointments. Remember, we are not doing an actual "live" tax return, but we are doing as complete tax return as possible including 1099R's, w-2 (from pay stubs), child care, sch A, etc. Bank then makes a determination if they will loan a small amount of the expected refund now and then we process the return after the w-2's, etc. arrive. I actually had a real w-2 yesterday. Local company issues w-2's with last Dec paycheck.

Comment

Thanks again.

Member "TheGoodnShawn" asks a question under the "Filing Taxes Already" thread down the page. Although it originated from Block, I would think JH and other tax franchises might also be interested in longer-term loans. It's under the post titled "Additional Question" and I'd be interested to know if you have an opinion.

The question was: Would she have to go back to Block or could she go elsewhere to have her taxes prepared since they had given her the option to have it deducted from the refund or to make payments on it? Are long-term (past April) payment plans actually available?

Comment

Off the Subject

Did any of you hear about the gentleman in England that wanted lobster for a meal.
              Problem was he couldn't afford it.
              Solution: He went into the store, grabbed a couple of lobsters, stuck them in his
              pants and ran out the door.
              The lobsters, being scared, grabbed whatever was available with their claws.
              Lobsters had to be surgically removed from you know what.
              The gentleman recovered, mostly, but not completely.
              Got this from Paul Harvey and the rest of the story.

Sorry, this was supposed to be a new message.

Comment

Oh I'm not too sure

Originally posted by Bird Legs View Post
                Did any of you hear about the gentleman in England that wanted lobster for a meal.
                Problem was he couldn't afford it.
                Solution: He went into the store, grabbed a couple of lobsters, stuck them in his
                pants and ran out the door.
                The lobsters, being scared, grabbed whatever was available with their claws.
                Lobsters had to be surgically removed from you know what.
                The gentleman recovered, mostly, but not completely.
                Got this from Paul Harvey and the rest of the story.

Sorry, this was supposed to be a new message.
                that it didn't pertain to the thread.

Scottish ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                X