Multiple state efiling registrations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zee View Post
    That's interesting...the other post indicated the WI website indicated registration was no longer necessary. So, which is it? Darn...why is it information that should be easy so obtain is so difficult?
    Guess that depends on the meaning of the word "registration".... there is no separate registration in WI like there is in CA. You just have to send them a copy of your fed paperwork.

Comment

LOL< Well, I don't know but

Here is what is on the website

Wisconsin Electronic Filing Program Information for Tax Professionals

Tax professionals that produce returns for electronic transmission are called Electronic Return Originators (EROs). The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must approve all EROs.

How to become an authorized Electronic Return Originator (ERO) with the State of Wisconsin

Tax professionals must submit federal Form 8633 to the IRS. Form 8633 is the application to participate in the Federal Electronic Tax Administration e-filing Program. For more information about the IRS application process, visit their web site or call the IRS regional office in Milwaukee at (414) 297-3574.

Once the IRS has accepted you as an ERO, you will automatically be accepted as an authorized ERO in Wisconsin. As a tax professional you should be in good standing with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for both business and personal tax liabilities.

Wisconsin Department of Revenue will no longer send out acceptance letters. Publication 115, 2007 Handbook for Federal/State Electronic Filing, is available to download from our web site.

The WDOR has a data base on our website for taxpayers to locate a tax preparer in their area. Please check out our website at http://www.revenue.wi.gov/eserv/city/index.html to see if you are on the data base and that all your information is correct. If you need to add or change any information please contact us by phone, fax or e-mail.

* LOL, now I don't know what information is what, but I have been filing Wisconsin Returns since 2003 from Atlanta, and I have always been fine.

Initially when I attempted to file for Illinois, I would get a response saying that I wasn't authorized to efile for Illinois, Im so happy that they changed that this year
      Shawn D. Miller
      Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

Working...
      X