Job Expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not know that????

I like the quote from the book. I do know in the 1990s, GA established some new taxes on Delta pilots. Maybe is was the 50%-I am not sure, but it changed the way Pilots were filing. The union and airline issued information to stay in compliance to whatever happenned.

Minnesota was probably not a good example as those were found to have physical residents here. I would have to look at it more. I doubt if very many pilots spend 50% time in one state except for commuter pilots.

Great fact to know.

Comment

State Source Income

Gives me a headache reading the flow of expertise from you folks.

My only two cents:

Don't try to impute any consistency between what IRS has defined as a "tax home" and what state(s) you have to pay income tax.

"Tax Home" regulations are for Federal Tax purposes and when promulgated, there was absolutely no consideration for the consequences of various states. States for the most part try to wrap their arms around the concept of what state is the "source" of the income.

In other words, if you try to defeat a state's claim on source income from Illinois just because IRS has determined your "tax home" to be in Missouri, you're going to be out of luck.

Maybe Nancy from the staff has something to say about this.

Comment

Pilot????

In Bjorn's original post he never mentioned this person being a pilot. Where did all the discussion about pilots come from?

Linda F

Comment

Linda

Linda, read the post again

Facts:
          Pilot lives and works in Wisconsin. His employer has moved his base to Philadelpia. He cannot move to Philly until May of 2006 due to a child in high school

Comment

OK, his name is pilot but what's his profession?

Comment

Working...
            X