Ir 2006-195

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir 2006-195

Is this new development with IRS going to make clients mad at you for not filing their returns until early February.

Clients with state sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees, and the educators expenses claims cant file their returns as quickly as some will desire.

Oh well we will all have to bounce with IRS as we are told. It's like being in the USAF again. Do what you are told and quit your belly achin'

Chief, very interesting, thanks for bringing that up I had never thought about that. Luckily most of my clients are procrastinators and I won't see them until mid feburary.

Comment

Chief, When

were you in the USAF?

Comment

Testing

According to Quickalerts from IRS, testing won't even begin until Feb. 6th.

Comment

You are kidding????

By Feb 6 I usually have 75+ returns completed?????????
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Today

Just notified today regarding the 6th of Feb. I wish I were kidding!

Comment

Well.......

... I guess I will be "stockpiling" returns this year. If I remember correctly, stockpiling returns are not allowed....?
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by solomon
                According to Quickalerts from IRS, testing won't even begin until Feb. 6th.

Could you elaborate on what you meant by testing. I have never heard that term used in this case. Thanks

Comment

Usually....

the IRS tests their system (E-file) to make sure it is functioning OK in mid-January and then opens it January 15th-ish.
                  Last edited by BOB W; 12-28-2006, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Bob W now I understand sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Comment

Transmitters

Transmitters of tax returns will not be able to test their software, hopefully, until Feb. 6th by sending to IRS. Returns without the tax extenders would be able to be e-filed Jan. 12th.
                      Last edited by solomon; 12-28-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Getting "testy" if not able to test

And here I am in middle of PATs Testing, having sent my five today.

As I understand the IRS alert, they just won't be able to process returns with
                        sales tax deductions if efiled until after Feb 6th.
                        However, there IS the old fashioned way: Do it by hand!

Holiday ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA
                        ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

That’s why I keep telling my clients; they should never get a refund. I’m up to 27% of my clients that has a balance due, it growing every year. Some of the clients with the biggest refund just don’t seem to understand. They keep on saying that is the way they save.

Comment

Gene I try also but have noticed that at least 1 in 5 clients that don't get refunds one year are likely never to return to me again. Some how clients like that refund even if it is only 100$ I guess it is a mental thing.

Comment

Probably won't make much difference.

Originally posted by Chief

Clients with state sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees, and the educators expenses claims cant file their returns as quickly as some will desire.
                              Most of the "quick-money" fanatics don't have those deductions anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X