Flat-screen monitor maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat-screen monitor maintenance

What to clean off the coke and pizza spots with?

A minor problem, but it comes up. Last summer I got a flat-panel LCD to replace my old, thick, cumbersome glass CRT monitor. But the new one is made out of...what? It feels sort of like plastic, not quite like glass, maybe a synthetic (smooth fiberglass?) something-or-another. Don't know what and no instructions were included.

What to use? Just water and a soft rag? Windex? Drano?

LCD monitor

BB - i vote light water and soft rag. no chemicals for sure. just curious, but why no manual for the monitor? as it would have cleaning instructions.

Comment

Water & rag

Yeah, that's all I can think of. Just kidding about the Drano -- not sure about the Windex since I don't know if it's glass or not. Sometimes you can use light dishwashing soap and water to clean off stuff, but I'm sort of afraid to use it on this. Actually if feels more like plastic than glass.

I don't know what happened to the manual -- the box was a type that could have been opened before.
      Last edited by Black Bart; 12-27-2006, 04:43 AM.

Comment

soap?

probably not, but i haven't looked at my own LCD manual. windex is chemicals. actually, i'm waiting for my computer to defrag. i'm defragged - nite nite.
        Last edited by LTS; 12-27-2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

My manual says ...

To clean your antistatic screen, lightly dampen a soft, clean cloth with water. If possible, use a special screen-cleaning tissue or solution suitable for the antistatic coating. Do not use benzene, thinner, ammonia, abrasive cleaners, or compressed air.

(Dell 1907FP)

Is Draino antistatic?

Comment

I use a screen cleaner from office depot made for laptops etc. Works great and gets the dust better off than just a damp cloth.

Comment

Working...
            X