Enough-Take a Break!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough-Take a Break!

I made the switch to TTB expecting that the authors would maintain the same degree of professionalism as they had achieved over the years. I was excited to see this forum established fully anticipating the forum would reflect the same degree of excellence.

The book remains the pre-eminent business tool in our industry. This forum has become a joke.

It has become a "chat room" for a few self-selected senior members whose drivel and sense of self importance is only overshadowed by their obvious professional immaturity.

Brad-why don't you shut the board down until Jan 1 and take a break!

Grinch

Lighten up dude!

Comment

chat room
      –noun
      Computers. a branch of a computer system in which participants can engage in live discussions with one another.
      Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
      Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

chat room
      A service provided by certain ISPs that allows a group of people to communicate with each other by typing at their keyboards.
      Note: Chat rooms can facilitate free-flowing conversations ranging from a discussion about pop music to friendly banter.

[Chapter:] Technology

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
      Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
      Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: message board
      Part of Speech: n
      Definition: an Internet-based forum for an interest group; also called [bulletin board], [discussion board], [interactive message board]

Example: Message boards usually offer chat, email, and ability to share documents.

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
      Copyright © 2003-2006 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by djack1040
        I made the switch to TTB expecting that the authors would maintain the same degree of professionalism as they had achieved over the years. I was excited to see this forum established fully anticipating the forum would reflect the same degree of excellence.

The book remains the pre-eminent business tool in our industry. This forum has become a joke.

It has become a "chat room" for a few self-selected senior members whose drivel and sense of self importance is only overshadowed by their obvious professional immaturity.

I can't wait until some of those self selected types flame on you.

Comment

I can’t really see any difference between a “message board” and a “chat room,” other than the live typing part. I don’t know why “chat” needs to imply something negative.

I have been running a tax “chat room” since 1998 when I first started Quickfinder’s message board. We have been “chatting” like this from day one. Sorry, but if you want me to participate in answering tax questions free of charge, you will have to endure our drivel, sense of self importance, and obvious professional immaturity.

But if you would like me to get back to talking taxes, what do you think about doing 2006 tax returns with the 2005 instructions?
          Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 12-23-2006, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Lighen up Dude.

It may be these guys are letting off steam now because they know in a few weeks what will transpire. Sorry if that offends you.

Comment

Wait DJack1040.....

,,,,, when the "you know what" hits the fan this board will be "your" only salvation. All you are doing is setting yourself up for people who are in the "know" to not pass info on to you when "you" need it.

These people who you feel are not professional are the board's greatest assets and you will be begging for forgiveness around March 1st.

My hat is off to this board and the posters who give their time and knowledge to "just be helpful".

By the amount of post you have I would assume you have only been around a short time. Before you make any type of judgement, please go through one tax season with us.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Cooperation

Oxen learn to live together and work together being yoked as calves. At least 50
                percent of the oxen crossing the plains were cows which were gentle compared to
                steers and bulls. Cows had the advantage of being tough, could forage off the land,
                provide milk, reproduce and as a last resort meat and leather. Don't have a question
                on taxes right now but I do like the new tax book.

Comment

I have to ask

Do you really train oxen? And if you do what for? The Oregon trail has been closed for awhile.

Comment

For some reason

This forum has become a joke...a "chat room" for a few self-selected senior members whose drivel and sense of self importance is only overshadowed by their obvious professional immaturity.
                    I just got that shiver of feeling like somebody walked over my grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
                      I just got that shiver of feeling like somebody walked over my grave.

Why Black Bart, you look like someone just walked over your grave

Comment

You know, if I didn't think you were my friend, djack1040, I don't think I could bear it.

Comment

Go ahead... take your frustration out on me! I'm the Jackass around here. Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could, in your immature days you must have done something good.

Comment

This whole thread

This whole thread is too weird even for me.

Comment

Immature self-importan drivel

I
                              !
                              If it weren't for my sense of self importance and professional immaturity, I would go out and get a real job. Does anyone know of a good, high-paying job for an immature, self-important CPA with drivel-writing skills who can do tax returns on the side?

Comment

Working...
                              X