Bees Knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bees Knees

I miss the keen knowledgeable insight and helpfulness of Bees Knees.

I suppose it got to the point where everyone knew who he was, but there was
    an advantage to a board personality which could be detached from the entity
    furors of recent days.

I'll also take the opportunity to exhort those of you who support the Tax Book,
    especially those of you who know something about how we are priveleged to
    have access to it. In light of the corporate alternative, and the "bigger is better"
    mentality, I believe we are fortunate. Imagine your fate if we didn't have the
    Tax Book -- even if you are loyal to the QuickFinder you would find a stiff
    price increase and limited product options at a reasonable cost.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about the Tax Book going under. I don't know
    a thing about their finances, but I've got sense enough to know that if this was
    going to happen, it would have happened last year.

There have been some barbs thrown and justified under the guise of "constructive
    conversation." But I've been around long enough to know what they are and the
    spirit from whence they came. One of these was a "slow-poke" type comparison
    which occurred before legislation even became law. With a large publishing magnate
    and dedicated resources to watch the congressional record every day, giants like
    PPC and CCH are often going to make announcements quicker, and even prematurely.

There is such a thing as constructive conversation and no one should complain about
    it. I'm hoping that most of you have experience with "bigger" and "corporate" and
    can appreciate what we have.

Welcome back, Bees Knees, whenever you choose to re-appear. Imsdahl will still be
    around for TTB topics.
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 12-23-2006, 04:36 PM.

Come on ...

..Bees Knees is needed around here..............................
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I read it.............

......................, cool plan.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Sorry Bob, I deleted it, then re-edited it…

Thanks for giving Bees Knees a proper memorial service, Snag. You did bring something up that I was hoping to clarify. The other thread did not go as planned. By the time Quickfinder posted their coverage of the new tax act on December 15th, I was hoping one of our customers would have noticed that we had complete coverage inserted into our books. We started shipping a few hundred books on Friday, December 8th thinking there was no way Congress was going to get a new bill passed on their last day in office. We were wrong. Saturday December 9th, around 3:30 AM, just before adjourning for the year, the Senate passed the bill that was approved earlier by the House on Friday afternoon.

When I got up Saturday morning and discovered it was a done deal, I called our printer. We were still early enough into the shipping processes that we could stop the press, if I could get final copy of the new act finished by later that afternoon. We did not want Quickfinder to know about our plot, as they would have had time to do the same.

Shipping resumed Monday with a What’s New – Supplement covering the new law on page one of our book. We knew Quickfinder would find out soon enough as they order our books to check out the competition just like we order their books. But we didn’t want to make a big deal about it by posting it to our updates page because we were hoping Quickfinder would be too far into their shipping processes before discovering what we were doing.

The President cooperated with our little plot by not signing the bill into law right away. That gave us the excuse to hold off on our updates page coverage until he signed the bill. I wanted our customers to get it in their books before seeing it on our updates page. That is the reason why we held back posting the coverage to our updates page.
        Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 12-23-2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

What

happened to Bees? What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
            Thanks for giving Bees Knees a proper memorial service, Snag. You did bring something up that I was hoping to clarify. The other thread did not go as planned. By the time Quickfinder posted their coverage of the new tax act on December 15th, I was hoping one of our customers would have noticed that we had complete coverage inserted into our books. We started shipping a few hundred books on Friday, December 8th thinking there was no way Congress was going to get a new bill passed on their last day in office. We were wrong. Saturday December 9th, around 3:30 AM, just before adjourning for the year, the Senate passed the bill that was approved earlier by the House on Friday afternoon.

When I got up Saturday morning and discovered it was a done deal, I called our printer. We were still early enough into the shipping processes that we could stop the press, if I could get final copy of the new act finished by later that afternoon. We did not want Quickfinder to know about our plot, as they would have had time to do the same.

Shipping resumed Monday with a What’s New – Supplement covering the new law on page one of our book. We knew Quickfinder would find out soon enough as they order our books to check out the competition just like we order their books. But we didn’t want to make a big deal about it by posting it to our updates page because we were hoping Quickfinder would be too far into their shipping processes before discovering what we were doing.

The President cooperated with our little plot by not signing the bill into law right away. That gave us the excuse to hold off on our updates page coverage until he signed the bill. I wanted our customers to get it in their books before seeing it on our updates page. That is the reason why we held back posting the coverage to our updates page.
            Told ya so

from an earlier thread

"Don't forget the tuition tax breaks were put into effect originally to placate the dems. So for middle class you can bank on it. And George will sign any tax cut or spending bill put on his desk. The biggest tax cut and spender in history. Read my lips."

Comment

Originally posted by skhyatt
              happened to Bees? What did I miss?
              Nothing happened to Bees Knees. He just isn't going to use an alias anymore.

Comment

musician

Being a`frustrated`musician, I will miss Bees Knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
                  Nothing happened to Bees Knees. He just isn't going to use an alias anymore.
                  I could remember back about 4 years ago when you became Bees Knees, I still like the alias Bees Knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene V
                    I could remember back about 4 years ago when you became Bees Knees, I still like the alias Bees Knees.

This is like some strange twilight zone thing here. Brad is really Bees Knees and Bees Knees is really Brad. Now the picture is coming clear. So who is Armando?

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
                      So who is Armando?
                      Isn't he a famous Spanish novelist?

Comment

Originally posted by Davc
                        Isn't he a famous Spanish novelist?
                        Armando Beaujolais. It's some kind of French brown gravy. It's also an alias I've used for some time.

With all the spam on the board (resulting in the registration requirement), in an attempt to run a little tighter ship Brad and I decided to start posting as our real selves.

That doesn't mean we won't ever use an alias again. So be on your toes.

Comment

Thanks Paul for the clarification, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone......"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Roberts
                            Just one request, Paul...next time try not to come back as some kind of food. I'm trying to lose some weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Roberts
                              I think we should all ban ourselves and come back with a new alias so the authors don't know which of us to ban.

Comment

Working...
                              X