• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic: Best Country Song of 2006

My favorite:

"She Got the Ring and I Got the Finger"

Believe

by Brooks and Dunn - still send chills up my back when I hear it!

Is that other one really a song? Haven't heard it.

JoshInNC

Comment

Tie

All country songs tie with 0 votes. Country music makes me wanna yak!

Best line regarding country music is from The Blues Brothers at the honky tonk bar they ask the barmaid what kind of music they play there and she replies "both kinds, country and western".
      I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Those frigid subzero temps must be gettin' too ya' Matt

J/K

Everyone has their own taste.

Comment

Sunny South

Y'know Josh, I sometimes wonder if ol' Sova has ever been down here. Maybe we can pack a few Carolina babes in the back of a pickup and slowly drive back down here from Michigan, see if that would perk him up a little bit.

The bad thing about it is once he got down here, we'd never get him to go home...

Snag

Comment

Country Music

Country Music, aren't those the songs -- that when you play them backwards -- your girl comes back, your dog comes alive, and your truck gets fixed?

Comment

been there

I have been to Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida (just got back from Panama City Beach), and Kentucky. Very beautiful, nice places, great people, terrible music. I am sure the NC babes would be nice if they weren't inbred (just kidding)!!!

Matt
              I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Country Music

I have been working with iTunes in getting my albums indexed by song, computer, etc. and I am just having a ball right now. The fact that I can get a song immesiatelyh just over whelms. If you taste if another kind of music you can do the same.
                What ever your taste is you can sikmply monitor and organize yourmusic. I as a country fan can also appreciate others kinds of music as as welll. I have the 5th Sympony , Spike Lee to name a few. Stavinsky and other 20th centry composers are among my favorites.
                Matt, I would , say to you, Enjoy what yhou like but let the rest of us do the same. You are not judge to determine the likes of others.
                e

Comment

Country and Classic

I like both country and classic and some others. I keep Hank Williams, John Phillip Souza, Mario Lanza, Edith Piaf and a few others on my ipod which I listen to at the Gym to drown out the loud rap music they play there.

Comment

Inbred

[QUOTE=Matt Sova]I have been to Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida (just got back from Panama City Beach), and Kentucky. Very beautiful, nice places, great people, terrible music. I am sure the NC babes would be nice if they weren't inbred (just kidding)!!!

Hey, Matt just count our fingers. If we don't have more than five on either hand, we're at least not any closer than first cousins!

Comment

i'd rather eat barbwire than listen to country music.

Comment

Does everyone realize that the country music influence is what the Rolling Stones based their sound on?

Comment

Working...
                        X