Drake Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Software

I received my tax software last friday. It's already loaded and ready to go. I have seen a few glitches (did I spell that correct) but that has nothing to do with preparing taxes.

My fellow Drake users- if during your practice you come across anything worth mentioning i would appreciate if you JUST POST IT.

A Suggestion. Tax season is already upon us. If some one is experiencing any software problems, Please when posting a thread, let us know what software you are using.

Thanks

brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

ATX Software

This year and for the first time I acquired ATX Max tax software. Was
    previously with Tax Simple. My question is, if anyone (Sole Owner) within the San Antonio area has been using ATX I would like to be able
    to call them if I run into any problems. Certainly would appreciate a
    response. I am awaiting shipment of the program on CD. My conversion hasen't been completed so I suspect that it may be held until comleted.

montana

Comment

ATX Support

Originally posted by Unregistered
      previously with Tax Simple. My question is, if anyone (Sole Owner) within the San Antonio area has been using ATX I would like to be able
      response. I am awaiting shipment of the program on CD. My conversion hasen't been completed so I suspect that it may be held until comleted.

montana
      I don't use ATX. I use Drake. But, I would hesitate to have you call me for problem solving if I did use ATX. Call the software support line. They need to know that there is a problem and they need to solve it. If you don't call them, they have no way of knowing that there is a problem.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Drake Support

Originally posted by Brian
        I received my tax software last friday. It's already loaded and ready to go. I have seen a few glitches (did I spell that correct) but that has nothing to do with preparing taxes.

My fellow Drake users- if during your practice you come across anything worth mentioning i would appreciate if you JUST POST IT.

A Suggestion. Tax season is already upon us. If some one is experiencing any software problems, Please when posting a thread, let us know what software you are using.

Thanks

brian
        I use Drake and have for many years. Though not 100% happy with it, maybe 85% satisfied, I did renew after reviewing all other software and Drake is the only one that will fit smoothly in my business. I have made a resolution for 2007 already. I plan on being a P*I*T*A with their support for any glitch or software problem.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Proper Forum

On this thread it has been suggested that we use THIS board to sound out complaints about software problems and technical problems in particular.

Not that any relief can be found on this board, and I hate to see TTB filled up with clutter not in keeping with its purpose. And unless the software company is notified, how can they do anything about it?

Sounds like I'm not in favor of the idea. However, when there are REAL problems with software, you phone the company, stay on "hold" for two hours, and get no satisfaction when you can finally talk with someone. ATX, for example, had horrendous problems early in 2004 - and they had 52,000 customers, most of whom experienced filing problems that February and for whom there was no relief. On a couple occasions, the technical representative gave me half-answers just to get me off the phone, as they were worn ragged with the problems also. I know several ATX users, and they all had the same problems that year, but tell me that ATX has not had problems of that magnitude since.

I think if there are REAL problems, the software company is NOT responding, then it WOULD be appropriate for a discussion here. Historically, we have extensive threads about software on this board every year, and I believe this to be highly appropriate and helpful to all of us. And I think software companies would listen more carefully if they know the discussion is going to extend to a forum with hundreds of members than to respond to a single user.

So I think it is a GOOD idea to discuss big-time software problems, but not for every little technical problem which arises. Most software companies have technical problems to one extent or another, and we need to keep that in mind.

Comment

Drake Software Support

Originally posted by Jiggers
            I use Drake and have for many years. Though not 100% happy with it, maybe 85% satisfied, I did renew after reviewing all other software and Drake is the only one that will fit smoothly in my business. I have made a resolution for 2007 already. I plan on being a P*I*T*A with their support for any glitch or software problem.
            I regard myself as the main PITA for Drake Support. I called them ~100 times on bugs etc. in the 2005 program. A warning, though - complaints about their support staff or the quality of the Drake program itself on the Drake message board will get you immediately banned. Drake is very careful to keep any hint of negativity out of their site.

Christopher Mewhort, EA, CGA
            chrismewhort@hawaiiantel.net
            Proud to be banned from the Drake site!

Comment

The ATX forum has a section for software problems

montana
              ATX has an excellent forum and 95% of your problems can be answered if you post a message on the forum == http://www.atxinc.com/atxerscommunity/forums/
              There is an 'all-topics' forum, a tax-only forum, a software-only forum. You should visit the forum before tax season and read some of the comments, etc. and search the archives for previous postings.

You will see a lot of postings entitled "William" which are directed at William Tasker who is the company's main expert on dealing with problems that arise.

Comment

Complaints on ATX message board

Originally posted by Holland
                I . A warning, though - complaints about their support staff or the quality of the Drake program itself on the Drake message board will get you immediately banned. Drake is very careful to keep any hint of negativity out of their site.
                Proud to be banned from the Drake site!
                You can be as negative as you like on the ATX board. Many people post very negative comments which are allowed as long as you avoid profanity or criticism of anyone because of their race, creed, color or sexual orientation. Even totally unallowed comments don't usually result in being banned unless you do it repeatedly.

All negative comments are immediately countered with responses by the "cheerleaders" who can justify almost any problem you may have with the software.

Comment

ATX Software

As stated in my previous post, I was looking for someone here in San Antonio that is currently using ATX and possibly I could consult with them on occasion for any First Year Problems that I may experience. Too, I'm aware of the availability of the ATX technical support team, their phone numbers, etc. In fact I've called them occasionally. However, I just wanted someone locally that I could call and I'm certain,
                  get a better resolution to the problem. I'm stll hoping that I can find a
                  contact locally.

Thanks

Montana

Comment

As stated in my previous post, I was looking for someone here in San Antonio that is currently using ATX and possibly I could consult with them on occasion for any First Year Problems that I may experience. Too, I'm aware of the availability of the ATX technical support team, their phone numbers, etc. In fact I've called them occasionally. However, I just wanted someone locally that I could call and I'm certain,
                    get a better resolution to the problem. I'm stll hoping that I can find a
                    contact locally.

Thanks

Montana
                    You should post your message on the ATX board. You would be more likely to find someone from San Antonio thru their message board.
                    I haven't been to San Antonio for years. Are things still as wild and wooly as they used to be on "Rattlesnake Hill"?

Comment

SoftWare Problems

Sure glad I use TaxWise....only called once last year for a problem I was having, not the software. Hope CCH lets this software package alone.

I'm not saying that TaxWise is "Glitch" free, I'm just saying that I did not experience ANY last year.
                      Confucius say:
                      He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

ATX Software

Originally posted by Joe Btfsplk
                        You should post your message on the ATX board. You would be more likely to find someone from San Antonio thru their message board.
                        I haven't been to San Antonio for years. Are things still as wild and wooly as they used to be on "Rattlesnake Hill"?
                        FOR JOE BTFSDPLK: I decided to put the post on this site and if I don't get a response, I will move to the ATX site. Also, I couldn't find anyone that had heard about Rattlesnake Hill. What Part of town was
                        it located in? I'd like to learn more about it.

montana

Comment

ATX Software

I'm in South Texas in the Rio Grande Valley. I've been using ATX for about 4-5 years. I've been happy with the programs since I've been using it. I think the year before was a rough one for lots of folks, but I didn't have too many problems. Then I don't do very complicated returns. All pretty basic 1040's some with Sch's A, C, D, E.

Eli

Comment

[QUOTE=Snaggletooth]On this thread it has been suggested that we use THIS board to sound out complaints about software problems and technical problems in particular.

Sorry Snag. I did not explain my self clear enough.

What I meant is that if some one is having an application problem, do not hesitate to post it ,so that someone using the same software may be able to provide some help.

I remember someone last year asking what screen should you go to if you need to take an IRA deduction. Since I was using the same software I was able to provide some help

brian
                            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

FOR JOE BTFSDPLK: I decided to put the post on this site and if I don't get a response, I will move to the ATX site. Also, I couldn't find anyone that had heard about Rattlesnake Hill. What Part of town was
                              it located in? I'd like to learn more about it.

montana
                              Rattlesnake Hill is what they call the area just South of Ft Sam Houston on New Branufels street. It used to be a hang-out for loose women and heavy drinking. A lot of Army people plus people who lived in the area went to these bars.

Comment

Working...
                              X