Overkill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overkill?

Have any of you ordered both The Tax Book and the disk version?

I had ordered The Tax Book previously. Later I decided the disk version would be worth adding so I could quickly go to the IRS publications if I wanted more than the book said.
    Someone who worked for The Tax Book called me and thought I must have made a mistake by ordering both the book and the disk.

Maybe it's overkill, but it seems that the book would be easier to use than the disk, but the disk would be better to link me to the IRS publication assuming that this would get me to the section of the publication quickly and easily vs going to the IRS site and looking for the publication.

Next year, I may cut out the book if the disk alone seems OK, or I may just order the 1040 book and get the Deluxe disk.

In addition to linking to IRS Pubs, the Web CD is updated for new developments throughout the year. If the new Congress and Bush really are in love with each other, as they claim, then there could be new laws passed after the book is printed, that the CD will be updated for.

I always like reading stuff from a book or print-out. But for the linking feature and the update feature, the CD has its own value.

Comment

I also ordered both the book and CD. I like reading it from the book and having it for a quick reference but I'll try the CD this year also and see how it works.

Comment

TB & IRS CD

I dropped QF this year. Last year I had the QF 1040 & Business books. This year I ordered the combined TB only.

I will order the IRS CD if and whenever I get the order form. Seems that it is late this year. Anyone have their website?
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Irs Cd

Jiggers, if you will go to Google and type in the CD you are looking for, it will take
          you to it.
          I cannot navigate the IRS website. Too complicated for my simple, aged brain.

Comment

Found it

They went up from $25 to $35. Ordered it over the internet to save shipping.

I am surprised that I haven't received their order blank in the mail yet.

But, knowing this is coming from the government, I am not surprised. Just wish they would ship faster.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Order blanks

If you all are talking about Pub 1045 ~ I think last year was the final edition.

Regards - - Ricardo

Comment

I bought both. This is just to see if I can actually use just the WEB CD. The next year I will only get the CD if it does as advertised

Comment

Wait a minute...........

............... what are you going to read in the bathroom?
                  This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Like others have said it depends. I ordered just the book this year. I personally have trouble reading Pubs and things online. specially when they are longer than a page. I usually have to print the doc out.

Comment

On line research

Seatax I am with you, I have to look at it on paper, unless it is very short.
                      Bob W, we used to read the old Sears & Roebuck catalogue when we had
                      to go to the outhouse.

Comment

Me too....

... until I got involved with tax law.
                        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                        X