Cch Express Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cch Express Answers

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or comments with CCH EXPRESS ANSWERS (A Quick Reference Guide very similar to The Tax Book and Quickfinder).
    I may give it a try for comparative purposes.

CCH Express

I used them last year, Very informative. Much thicker than the Tax Book. About the same info. I ordered only the 1120s for 2006.

K

Comment

Express Answers

I also used them last year and will order again this year. Last year I purchased the 1040, 1065 and 1120S. They also have a 1041 this year. You can purchase in a bundle for somewhere around $110.00 I think. My first choice for quick research is to grab "The Tax Book" but when dealing with partnerships and S-corps the quick answers have additional information.

Comment

In addition to "TheTaxBook", I use Quickfinder's books and other resources. True QF repeats some things in each book, but they also have some coverage that TTB does not have and will not have as long as they "insist" on just one thick book.

Comment

I use IRS Publications, whenever I cannot find the answer I need from TheTaxBook. The IRS Publications provide more in depth coverage than any commercially produced tax book.

TheTaxBook Web CD is designed to solve the issue of additional research. Each subheading in TheTaxBook is linked to more in depth coverage in the IRS Publications. For example, if you need information on Lump-Sum Distributions and TheTaxBook information on page 13-21 does not address the issue, one click on the Lump-Sum Distributions subheading will take you to page 18 of IRS Publication 575, which provides you with 7 pages of in depth coverage of Lump Sum Distributions, along with a comprehensive example. When you look at commercially produced tax publications such as Quickfinder and CCH Express Answers that may or may not provide in depth coverage, those publications are simply repeating information they have copied from the IRS Publications.

We feel the combination of TheTaxBook for your fast answers, plus the Web CD for fast linking to IRS Publications, will provide customers with a complete tax research library at the most economical price.

Comment

That makes sense. I may have to reconsider additional purchase of quick facts. Has anyone been able to try (tested) the new web service being provided by "The Tax Book". If it works as Brad states then it sounds like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
              Has anyone been able to try (tested) the new web service being provided by "The Tax Book". If it works as Brad states then it sounds like a winner.
              It is a new product being offered this year and won't be available until 12/15/2006.

You can read about it under the new product link.

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!
              Last edited by Bees Knees; 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
                We feel the combination of TheTaxBook for your fast answers, plus the Web CD for fast linking to IRS Publications, will provide customers with a complete tax research library at the most economical price.
                I have already signed-up for the WebCD. Question, will the IRS pubs be a link to the IRS website (slow) for view or download or will the IRS pubs be a link to pubs on TTB website (fast)? And is the "use" of WebCD limited to when online with TTB website?

Comment

Web CD

In anticipation of the issuance of the new Web CD I have not ordered any other research material. I order this back in June. I can't wait until it is released. Several of us on this board request this last year and have full confidence in TTB's ability to publish a fully functioning, locally installed, updatable, and intereactive linked CD.

Thanks Brad and TTB
                  This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

All of the information, including the IRS publications, forms and instructions, are contained on the CD, which is then downloaded onto your computer hard drive. The Web allows you to update the information, as periodically we provide updates throughout the year that are downloaded onto your hard drive. As new IRS pubs and forms become available, these too will be provided through the update feature.

It is called a Web CD because you use your Internet web browser program to view the information. The text is formatted to look just like a web page. Having the information contained on your hard drive solves the slow internet problem of linking to IRS publications, forms, and instructions. The program will contain both html formatted text, along with alternative PDF files for those who wish to print out specific pages from TheTaxBook, IRS forms, instructions, and publications. Many of the IRS forms in the PDF version are also fill-in-print forms. The html formatted text and links will obviously operate much faster than PDF files, and will contain a better search feature.

Comment

I'm looking at PPC's 1120S deskbook and CCh's 1120S book. Any comments about either of these? Which one would you recommend?
                      Dave, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
                        All of the information, including the IRS publications, forms and instructions, are contained on the CD, which is then downloaded onto your computer hard drive.

That makes sense and sounds great. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X