Delivery Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van

I probably should have said (it is better to appear ignorant than to stay ignorant)
    Many times a new tax preparer is afraid to ask the question for that reason and
    stayes ignorant. This board seems to answer the questions and is it not better
    to ask here? We surley don't want to ask the client.

An ox cannot stand on 3 legs, therefore a belly band is used when being shod with
    8 plates, everyone should know that.

Comment

Thanks

I thank all of you who have posted. I must admit that I was a bit offended at the post by Uncle Sam because I felt attacked, but I do thank you for the information provided....it has been so useful.

No!...in the questions that I asked yesterday....I do not have any experience. I haven't had a reason to have experience in those areas. I am just trying to better myself and expand my knowledge...the questions came from Case Studies that I have been working on for over a week, and this forum was a last reach.

I have prepared taxes since my internship in 1999....but nothing difficult. I am taking the measures to fully understand taxes so that I can expand the my scope of the practice

I attended the IRS Tax Forum in NYC in August, I have the Tax Book, Pub 17, and I even have a comprehensive volume of Federal Taxation complete with Practice Sets. I have also joined this member board along with joining Accountants World, and subscribing to NATP.

I only minored in accounting in undergrad, and now that I'm working on my MPA, I elected to go outside my major to take Federal Taxation.

In short, I am making a committed stance to learn this craft more fully...and right now I am having a lot of difficulties grasping depreciation...this is my cryptonite....lol

I was just looking for some pointers and/or locations where I can get more info on this....The different Classes, ACRS, MACRS, Straight Line, Section 179.....all that just started mixing together....

I need more practice in this area in order for me to get over this hurdle....

I am so happy to have found this forum, I come here and just read all the time....I get lost in the threads....I am thirsty to learn

Saying all of this, for all of those who take the time to help, I am much grateful to you...

Shawn,

p.s.no need to be unregistered in my questions....I am not ashamed
      Shawn D. Miller
      Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

GS I agree with some of the others . I truely feel that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked. I will also agree with the others that it would be more productive if you formed your thoughts into a question that is clear and concise. I learned a while back thta if you are long winded or not specific that you will get some bad responses or out right rude comments.

Anyhow nice to have you here and keep the questions comming I for one will not judge you based on the questions you ask. Good Luck!

Comment

info about their cars

>>if you are long winded or not specific<<

I thought it was a fine question. That must be why I'm the only one who answered it. I wish all my clients included as much info about their cars.

Comment

Working...
          X