2005 SEE (EA) Tentative Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 SEE (EA) Tentative Answers

I (and others) are impatiently awaiting the posting of the tentative answers for the EA exam. I generally go to the IRS web site, then Tax Professional, then Enrolled Agents, then SEE, and look at the 2005 results. What I don't know is if that is where the tentative answers will be posted, or only where we will check our results after the final grading of the exam.

Can anyone provide directions or a confirmation of where to watch for the tentative answers? I've had my test booklets back for over a week.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard; 10-11-2005, 11:09 AM.
    Richard Ogg, EA
    The Master's Tax & Financial Services
    www.TMTFS.com

I took it in 2003 and the answers were posted where you described. I checked a few times a day, then all of a sudden they were there. One of the 2005 tests was rescheduled due to the hurricanes so it may take a little longer. In 2003 the answers were there not long after we got our test booklets in the mail. Some of the organizations that put out the study materials also give their version of the correct answers. Sometimes, these are available before the IRS answers. It is good to look at those, to help with challenges. You will be surprised at how one group thinks an answer is correct and another one thinks it is wrong. NATP posted theirs that year, but it was only a few days before the end of the challenge time.

I got answers during the challenge time from Natp, Target Tax, www.csea.org, and Arthur EA Review.

I was very anxious to check my test booklet against the answers, too. Good luck to you! I hope you passed all parts!

Comment

one more thing

After taking the 2003 EA exam, I emailed all the tax websites and EA study websites I could find and asked if they planned to review the exam and create any challenge questions or unofficial answers.

Comment

Answers are posted

Go under Tax Pros, Enrolled Agents - click on Special Enrollment Exam. At the top of the page are the 2005 tests and answers. This just showed up because I checked several times today. Already checked my scores and passed all four parts. Good Luck.

Comment

Unregistered Guest-

Congratulations on passing the EA exam. The best is yet to come.

Comment

Passed too (I think)

Yes, I found it about 3:00 my time today. By my grading I did the poorest on Part 3 - Corporations & Trusts, with 117 points. That should be passing (unless I messed up copying my answers to the answer sheet).
            Richard Ogg, EA
            The Master's Tax & Financial Services
            www.TMTFS.com

Comment

Hang in there!

Remember, there'll be time to contest the answers, so your score will go up, hopefully. Last year, I missed one part by ONE question! After the challenges, I got that question and three others added to to "correct" column for the passing score. I understand you're hopeful you passed, but might be nice to have a little cushion, just in case.

If you need any help with any challenges to questions you missed, I'd be happy to help, if you need it.

Congratulations! Dennis
              Last edited by DTS; 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM. Reason: to add something

Comment

Posted on IRS Site

The exam 2005 answers are now posted at http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/agents/ar...100711,00.html.

Also the challenge information and challenge deadline date which is 10/22/05!

Good Luck to all of you who sat for the Exam!!!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                X