Time and Billing System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and Billing System

I am new to this site. We are a growing CPA practice with a home-grown Time and Billing system and need to get a REAL one! We use Creative Solutions products as well as QuickBooks.

Interested in any products that have been successful for you. We currently have 15 employees.

Thanks.

Welcome to the board

Sorry I can’t help you. My time and billing is to look at last years return, and bill according to what, if anything, changed for this year.

At an NATP seminar I just attended, the speaker asked the audience; how many think they charge too much?

Nobody raised their hand.

Then he asked; how many think they charge just the right amount?

One or two raised their hand.

Then he asked; how many think they do not charge enough?

Everybody, except two, raised their hand.

This is a subject we are all ashamed to talk about.

Comment

Qb

Haven't used any software myself, but I think QuickBooks has one or has an add-on by a vendor they recommend. Might be worth a look, since you use QB anyway. Let us know what you decide on. Product reviews are always welcome.

Comment

I used "time slips " for years it worked very well. Like all programs there is a learning curve. With 15 employees you need a network version.

Here is their web site http://www.timeslips.com/

Maintaining T&B is a full time job in itself and suggest that each employee maintain their own time in the system, hence the network version. The program has a "start/stop" watch built in.
        Last edited by BOB W; 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Second look

I just got off of TimeSlips web site and WOW their prices have gone up since I used them. But price is only relative to your operational size. You may want to look at their free demo first. Then use a single version for one person to setup and be the "PRO" then get involved in the network version so each user can be trained. By the way, once the system is setup, additional user training is minimal.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Time and Chaos

You may wish to evaluate "Time and Chaos." http://www.chaossoftware.com/

Users seem to like it very much. There are several versions, including a web based one, and there is a version (with limited capabilities) that can be downloaded and used for free.
            Roland Slugg
            "I do what I can."

Comment

Time & billing

We have used TPS software for the last 4 years. It is a product that was written specifically for accountants and is much more user friendly than Timeslips, which we used for about 10 years before that.

TPS handles time and expense management, does the billings, and handles the A/R. It also has a due date function in it that helps with our work-in-progress scheduling.

The website is www.tpssoftware.com

(this is my first posting on this forum so I hope it all comes out okay!)

Maribeth

Comment

Maribeth....

...., it looks like you did OK. Welcome aboard. Your suggested program seems to be priced good. They say it is easy to set up, is that true?

Comment

Creative Solutions

has under its Practice Solutions a Time & Billing Program. Since all of their programs are interactive, setup should be a snap. Operating the program is another issue. You should take a look it.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. We have been looking at the Creative Solutions product - would love to know if anyone uses their Practice Mgmt software and if it does all they claim!
                    I will also be investigating these other products...

Comment

arne2

You should log into ARNE2, their user message board. Go through previous post on practice mgt programs and then ask users what they think. I use the billing/AR program.

ADDED:

I just found out that I have the T&B as part of my Billing program. If you wish call CS and ask for extention 4301. She will bring you up to date on the program.
                      Last edited by BOB W; 11-01-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

setup is simple

Originally posted by BOB W
                        ...., it looks like you did OK. Welcome aboard. Your suggested program seems to be priced good. They say it is easy to set up, is that true?
                        Bob, the setup is simple, but the customer support is Fantastic. TPS is a growing company and they listen to their customers. I recommend them highly.

Comment

Practice CS

I just purchased Practice CS with the Project Management module. I have training on it Nov 13, 14 and 15 via webinars.
                          I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Matt..

... good to see you back on the board.

I been using it for two years now but only used the AR-billing part, not the time keeping part. I played with it the other day and seems to be no problem.

If I remember correctly, you also have their other products. So I guess I don't have to tell you to put all other issues aside and get all you questions answered during the free support period.

Set up will be a snap. They have an import function so that all your current clients' info will be placed in your new program. I couldn't believe how quickly it got set up.
                            Last edited by BOB W; 11-03-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X