Post Oct 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Oct 15th

Relief. Now the tax year is finally over. Now time to relax.

Time to do the preseason contacts
    Time to get our remaining CPE in.
    Time to finish up all the loose ends and be ready for tax season.
    Time to get all the bookkeeping clients on the ball since I haven't seen the books I should have seen by this time and they are going to pig pile it on in December....or January!
    Time to do Corporation reviews.
    Time to order all the materials needed in 2 (yes two) months.

Did I say relaxed?
    JG

Originally posted by JG EA
    Relief. Now the tax year is finally over. Now time to relax.

Time to do the preseason contacts
    Time to get our remaining CPE in.
    Time to finish up all the loose ends and be ready for tax season.
    Time to get all the bookkeeping clients on the ball since I haven't seen the books I should have seen by this time and they are going to pig pile it on in December....or January!
    Time to do Corporation reviews.
    Time to order all the materials needed in 2 (yes two) months.

Did I say relaxed?
    I agree JG it just seams crazy this year we are finally done and just around the corner is another season. Infact in all honesty I still have a handful of clients who still owe me info for 2005 and I know they will be coming in shortly. This time of year I use to get all my financial planning clients in for there annual appointment. This is great becuase I can also talk to them about some tax planning issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
      I still have a handful of clients who still owe me info for 2005 and I know they will be coming in shortly.
      If you have them wait and also bring in 2006 do you give them a discount????? I talked to another tax pro that said he gives discounts for those clients that agree to get an extension every year. I only file extensions if the client doesn't get me the info or if they want an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
        If you have them wait and also bring in 2006 do you give them a discount????? I talked to another tax pro that said he gives discounts for those clients that agree to get an extension every year. I only file extensions if the client doesn't get me the info or if they want an extension.

On the contrary old Jack I will charge these clients more or eventually fire them completely.

I like you only offer those extensions to those who ask or are unable to make it in to see me in time.

Comment

Working...
        X