Post a reply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a reply?

I haven't been out to this site in quite some time. For the life of me I can't figure out how to post a reply to someone without quoting them first. I feel like I am wasting other peoples time by quoting when not necessary. How do I post a reply directly to someone's post? Thanks for your assistance..... I tried to do a "Search" and didn't find the instructions there either.

At the bottom left of this post is a button called "Post Reply", just click on it.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

And as you compose your reply you can read other posts just below your input area. You can also cut and paste from the posts.

If you download and install http://www.iespell.com you will have a free spell checker that you can right-click and check your spelling before submitting your reply.

Comment

I think Connie is referring to being able to post right below someone's post, say if it's a long thread, but she wants to answer someone's post in the middle of the thread instead of having to have her post displayed at the end of the thread (confused?)

Connie, I believe you have to go to the upper right where it says "display mode". There you can choose linear or threaded. I am in "hybrid" and that puts my post at the bottom of any thread. Try switching and see if that doesn't help. I will do a couple of tests and see if this is correct.

Dennis

Comment

Post Reply?

Originally posted by BOB W
          At the bottom left of this post is a button called "Post Reply", just click on it.
          Well, I have something called Posting Rules, but don't see the Post Reply.... I must be loosing it or something ;~) Any other suggestions....perhaps something I haven't got set up properly or something? Thanks for trying to help!

Comment

Connie,

Post reply is on the bottom left corner of the last post in a thread, right above posting rules.

Dennis

Comment

In the upper right corner, there is a “Display Modes” menu. If you are on “Threaded Mode”, it only displays one post at a time. Under that mode, there is no post reply button. However, if you click on “quote” from the post you want to reply to, and then delete the quote, you can post a message that will appear next under that person’s post that you are replying to. That is how I got my post under your post without having to quote any of your post.

If you switch to hybrid mode, you see the same thread at the top, but along with everyone’s post in that particular tree. You can add a post at the bottom of that tree by clicking on post reply at the bottom left. Or do the same thing that you can do under “Threaded Mode” by clicking on “quote” and then delete parts or all of the quote if you choose. Again, that will place your post under the person you are responding to.

I personally like the “Linear Mode” option, as it always displays posts in the order in which they were posted. That way, the newest post to that thread is always at the bottom. Under Linear Mode, again, the post reply button is at the bottom lower left.

I think that if you are going to respond to a specific post in a thread with many posts, it is best to use the quote feature. You don’t have to quote the entire post. Just delete parts of the quote so that only the sentence or two you are responding to appear. That way those of us in Linear Mode will know exactly what you are responding to in a multiple posting thread.
              Last edited by Bees Knees; 10-23-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

That did it....

Thanks to al that tried to help me. I changed to the Hybrid mode and there is the "Reply" right after the last message.... Now I am in business out here!

Comment

Working...
                X