Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortati

Good grief Veritas, is this poor Latin for:

"All who Fail, Die" ???

Geez I don't remember that stuff. I have my doubts as to whether
    "Flunkus" means "Flunk."

I think it means When all else fails, play dead"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortati...I think it means When all else fails, play dead"
      Nope. It means...

"The Noreaster's a'blowin' cold t'wether the pot's a'boil!"

Right?
      Last edited by Armando Beaujolais; 10-13-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Have all of you fallen into the Pot?

My goodness Ron and Armando have you lost it? Or gained a new intelligence?

Comment

I'm glad you all asked

Unregistered got it.

If you have ever watched The Red Green show on PBS you would know that it is the motto for the fraternal organization known as "The Possum Lodge".

And yes it is poor latin. Kind of like unregistered's poor spelling.
          Last edited by veritas; 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando Beaujolais
            "The Noreaster's a'blowin' cold t'wether the pot's a'boil!"
            Speaking of cold and pot's a boil, it sure is nice having a good hot cup of coffee on a day like this, right Armando?

Temperatures in the mid 30s with wind gusts up to 20 mph. Snow flurries in the air. Ahhhh, the cold blast of winter is just around the corner. Remember that Halloween snow storm we had a few years back? 31 inches of snow in 24 hrs.

I need to get that snow blower all oiled up and ready to go by next weekend....after I get that last tax return done.

Comment

Party

Ahhhh. You mentioned Halloween. This year I am dressing with the "white face" of all 4 KISS band members and videoing "Almost Kiss" tribute band in KC, MO. www.myspace.com/almostkisskc Should be a fun Halloween party. Hope you all also have a good one.

edit: On the band website if you scroll down you can see a picture of OldJack. Ha!
              Last edited by OldJack; 10-13-2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                Speaking of cold and pot's a boil, it sure is nice having a good hot cup of coffee on a day like this, right Armando?

Temperatures in the mid 30s with wind gusts up to 20 mph. Snow flurries in the air. Ahhhh, the cold blast of winter is just around the corner. Remember that Halloween snow storm we had a few years back? 31 inches of snow in 24 hrs.

I need to get that snow blower all oiled up and ready to go by next weekend....after I get that last tax return done.
                Ah yes. The Halloween blizzard. Some people have no idea what it's like to wake up in the morning then look outside and see two feet of snow on the ground. Time to take Charlie the dog out in the back yard and throw snowballs. Charlie plows through the snow, dives in looking for the snowball, never really finds it but comes back with a mouth full of snow thinking he's pretty cool. Charlie's not the smartest dog in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
                  On the band website if you scroll down you can see a picture of OldJack. Ha!
                  Why Jack. Somehow I had you pictured as...taller.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas
                    Unregistered got it.

If you have ever watched The Red Green show on PBS you would know that it is the motto for the fraternal organization known as "The Possum Lodge".

And yes it is poor latin. Kind of like unregistered's poor spelling.
                    The Man's Prayer

I'm a man
                    But I can change
                    If I have to
                    I guess

Comment

OldJack's Picture

Do you know Mr. Ed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                        Ya! But Mr. Ed knew more about taxes than me so I don't let others know we were related. He still makes investments for me when I am worried about wash sale rules. Although I sound a lot like him, his english is better than mine. His last appearance was so long ago I kinda like to keep him as a dead issue.

Comment

I'm outside on the deck. It's sunny and 74 degrees.
                          Last edited by veritas; 10-01-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Veritas

Is that really you? You are a cutie!

Comment

I am very handy!

Comment

Working...
                              X