PPC emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPC emails

I posted this on the other board, but was curious if anyone here has been receiving unwanted emails from PPC when you request no contact?

I have sent the emails back to the company with "Remove" as they request, but they will not honor it. I understand about building databases, but when a company gives you the option to "opt out", I would think they would honor this request.

Just venting here!

Dennis

PPC emails

Yes, I am also receiving, but then I still have a subscription on some software that they bought out! So hard for me to determine which emails to opt out. I must receive about 5 per week, along with the additional mail outs and the "automatic renewal" with a bill due!!

Very aggravating!

Sandy

Comment

Ppc

Sandy,

I'm getting them at the same rate.

Comment

Remove feature

Suggest you simply delete the e-mail. If you select the "remove" feature they know you are receiving their e-mail, and it keeps on coming.
        Confucius say:
        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

I recommend an anti-spam program called ChoiceMail. Only mail from addresses on your "white" list go to your in-box. Mail from unknown senders is held pending a response to a message asking the sender to register. You are given a choice to accept or reject any sender who reponds. Spammers never answer such messages. If the sender doesn't respond within 4 days, the mail is sent to the junk box & after another 4 days, it's deleted. You never have to look at any of this stuff unless you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by DTS
            I posted this on the other board, but was curious if anyone here has been receiving unwanted emails from PPC when you request no contact?

I have sent the emails back to the company with "Remove" as they request, but they will not honor it.

Originally posted by RLymanC
            Suggest you simply delete the e-mail. If you select the "remove" feature they know you are receiving their e-mail, and it keeps on coming.

Originally posted by rosieea
            I recommend an anti-spam program called ChoiceMail...Spammers never answer such messages.
            Are you suggesting PPC is nothing more than a spammer?

Comment

Spammers?

I ordered some products from PPC totalling $1,300 from them a couple of years ago. At the time of the order, the fellow taking the order, asked me if I would like the company to contact me with auto-billing, products, etc. I specifically told the fellow on the phone that I did not want ANY contact from the company, whatsoever and to please make a notation on their computer of this so that different divisions of their company would honor my request. I repeated this request twice. Also, I told him that if I need something from the company, I would contact them myself. He assured me they would not contact me under any circumstance. A canned response I'm sure of now.

I worked for a company that had us ask each and every client if they would welcome any contact about new financial products when they became available. All, but a handful emphatically said NO!. In no time, the clients were hammered with advertising, emails and phone calls. I can assure you all this accomplished was to p/o the clients.

Dennis

Comment

It is corporate policy of the PPC group not to take no for an answer. Every now and then the RIA guy contacts us despite the fact that we always and repeatedly tell him that we are very satisfied CCH subscribers. It is very irritating. Same is true for PPC publications.

Comment

I'm the lucky one I guess,

I used to buy one of their books every year, cancelled last year and haven't heard a peep out of them since. I know they have my phone and email so it's not like they can't find me.

Daniel
                  "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X