Balance Due Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance Due Payment

I have had 4 clients saying that the taxes were not deducted from their account.
    Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

I had one client say IRS took out an April 15th payment on Saturday the 13th?
    Also a late day (4/15 ) return, payment not taken out as of the 16th.
    Still getting acknowledgments this hour (4pm) on the 16th that returns are being accepted..
    Last edited by BOB W; 04-16-2024, 03:14 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I am seeing the same thing. Payments of 2023 tax due requested to be debited on 4-15-24 but not yet acted on by IRS (as of Tuesday the 16th).
      Not concerned (yet). Returns with a balance due could have been filed and accepted on 4-15-24. It's a dead bang certainty that these due amounts
      wouldn't have been debited by midnight. If IRS uses the regular ACH system, it has been my experience that at least two business days is the norm.

Comment

This is why, whenever possible, I tell clients with balances due not to schedule a debit after April 10th. Those debit dates generally do occur on the future payment date they selected at the time of efiling.
        Estimated tax payments (federal / state) authorized at the time of efiling follow the set payment dates. Those debits occur beginning on April 15th.
        One thing that should be noted is that different banks handle things differently re "payments." One local credit union always shows around a 2-day lag for when the funds were actually paid. Other "banks" will show the debit on the exact date requested.
        Give your clients a couple of days for everything to settle down after the April 15th rush. I'm sure everything will be fine so long as you requested the debits to occur correctly at the time of efiling.

Comment

Just got a call from SC client, his scheduled SC direct deposit was received by mail and now IRS has not taken his balance (4/15/24) out yet. I reviewed my setup and all is properly coded. My cover letter shows all transaction to happen through bank account. I now have no choice but to have him pay IRS with voucher today the balance due as something went wrong. My choice to pay was based in SC refund by mail.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

One client called and said that the funds were withdraw. The return was filed on the 14th.
            Maybe it has to do with the bank.
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
            X