Idaho Income tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho Income tax

The taxpayer lived in WA ( no income tax state) for 10 months during 23 and 2 months in Idaho. The W-2's were correctly input on the federal return being allocated to each state. But when I prepared the Idaho return 100% of the wages is being taxed by Idaho. I have contacted the State of Idaho but no response. I do not see a subtraction input field for the WA wages. on the Idaho return...Does Idaho tax 100% of the wages (minus deductiions)....Thanks,,Duane Anderson

Are you using the ID PY return with the dates entered?

Comment

OP needs to tell us whether taxpayer is a full year WA resident who had a temporary work location in ID, or whether taxpayer moved from WA to become an ID resident.

"Are you using the ID PY return with the dates entered?"

The dates alone won't help, since W-2s don't provide any date information (other than the year).

"Does Idaho tax 100% of the wages"

Yes, if you are an ID full-year resident.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

OP said the wages are appropriately allocated to each state but are not flowing correcting to ID. He didn't tell us what software, so we don't know the mechanics of his data entry. As you say, we also don't know if his residency changed or if he's a commuter.

Comment

Working...
        X