Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate Transparency Act

Have fun with this filing requirement.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Bob, from what I understand, our "fun" will be only if we choose to do it.

Comment

The "FUN" is when you tell the client that you can't do this filing for them because of your Error & Omission Insurance Policy not covering any errors made here.

Just remember that there is a Reporting Applicant Information page (You, if you are doing it for a client). Your name and information will be part of every client's report.
      Last edited by BOB W; 12-14-2023, 03:12 PM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
        The "FUN" is when you tell the client that you can't do this filing for them because of your Error & Omission Insurance Policy not covering any errors made here.

Just remember that there is a Reporting Applicant Information page (You, if you are doing it for a client). Your name and information will be part of every client's report.
        Are you fully aware of the applicant component to the report?

Reporting companies existing or registered at the time of the effective date of the rule (January 1, 2024) are not required to identify or report info on their company applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post

The reporting applicant is the person(s) who filed or directed to be filed company creation documents with SOS (after 01.01.24), NOT the person filing the FinCEN report.

Comment

So let's be clear. From what kathy2 is saying the reporting applicant is not person filing the FinCEN report, although it may be the same person. If not the same person the reporting company has to include the reporting applicant's information. Name, address, dob, copy of driver's license and such ?

I accept that this is for post 12/31/23 required entity formations only.
            Last edited by BOB W; 12-15-2023, 09:56 AM.

Comment

There is also an exemption for accounting firms.. So if you do any accounting you are exempt? Does tax preparation include you in accounting??

Comment

Originally posted by JON View Post
                There is also an exemption for accounting firms.. So if you do any accounting you are exempt? Does tax preparation include you in accounting??
                No, but nice try. It's not even all CPA firms. Only those registered with PCAOB are exempt.

Comment

Working...
                X