Attaching pdf file- Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching pdf file- Indiana

I'm preparing 3 returns for clients that have state obligations from 15 plus states for a partnership. Most states are pulling into IN return correctly, however CA and WI are not. I can put in the info to calculate the credit. I figured I'd just attach for returns for those states as a pdf for verification of tax paid.

But, noooooooo. Attach pdf is blacked out as an option in ProSeries for IN. A lengthy call with Pro and their answer is it's coming from IN not allowing the attachment, not the software. A call with IN earlier said it would be fine to do it as a pdf.

Will someone with a different software put in a dummy return to see if their software allows a pdf for IN? Thanks.

No option to attach a PDF to an IN return in ATX
    "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Wi is a reciprocal state. https://www.in.gov/dor/files/ib28.pdf

I use ProSystem fx via pay-per-return, so can't check on an IN return without paying for an IN return! Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchrist View Post
        No option to attach a PDF to an IN return in ATX
        Thanks for checking!

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          Wi is a reciprocal state.
          The reciprocity is for wages, not partnership income from having a physical presence in the state.

Comment

In UltraTax, there is no option to attach a PDF to Indiana resident return, compared to for example California and New York which both have that option.
            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
              In UltraTax, there is no option to attach a PDF to Indiana resident return, compared to for example California and New York which both have that option.
              Thanks. So, maybe Pro was not lying to me.

Comment

Working...
              X