Like Kind Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Kind Property

I have a client in process of like kind exchange thru intermediary - thinking ahead does the deferred gain on the property he is selling get added to basis of the one he is buying? or does the gain get reported when he sells the new property.?
    I will be taking a few courses before tax season to refresh my memory.

But thank you for the help.

Originally posted by JT2307 View Post
    I have a client in process of like kind exchange thru intermediary - thinking ahead does the deferred gain on the property he is selling get added to basis of the one he is buying? or does the gain get reported when he sells the new property.?

Have you worked through a Form 8824 with your numbers?

Comment

Not yet. He is bringing numbers to me on wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by JT2307 View Post

Doesn't the deferred profit get SUBTRACTED from the new home basis?
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Yes subtracted not added. I am clear on where the numbers are going now.....

Comment

Working...
          X