Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Study Guide

Well - I think I'm going to bite the bullet and Study for the EA -
    Now that I'm retired from my real world (IT) I'll have the time.

I know the topic has come up before - but I could not find the thread plus it needs a 2023 twist.

What software or training group did you use to study (other than Pub 17)? Gleim, Fast Forward, etc.
    Did you use/try others - What was your experience?

Gleim has 20% off the lifetime package and it's only $50 more than the standard.

Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

I acquired EA status about 15 years ago, right after the new ProMetric testing regime kicked in. Old timers here can tell you about the EA exams in the dark ages before that.

I used Gleim test environment (not the printed materials, because I already had plenty of those from other sources). I liked Gleim because the practice testing system tracked my success rate and allowed me to go back to the areas where I was weakest. I think the biggest thing I learned to become an EA was the difference between realized and recognized gain. Kind of like the difference between declaring and defining a variable in a computer programming language.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

I took the H&R Block course and passed all 4 parts back in the dark ages. The MaSEA is running a SEE Prep Program: Massachusetts Society of Enrolled Agents - SEE Prep 2023 (maseaonline.org). Eva Rosenberg's course has a high success rate: https://irsexams.school/signup/.

Comment

Working...
      X