Get more Clients this Tax season using Tax Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get more Clients this Tax season using Tax Titans

Tax Titans is a Free to join platform that connects tax professionals with taxpayers. We are changing the way taxes are done this season. Think of us as the Airbnb of taxes. Taxpayers join our platform and fill out a profile describing their tax needs. As a tax professional you will be given access to bid on these profiles at your set price. There is no risk, we don’t get paid until you get paid, and we only take 10% you keep 90%. Great for individuals or if you have a firm. If you have employees, you can bid multiple jobs and spread out the workload. Work fulltime or make it a side hustle no minimum work requirements.
    We would like to thank Tax Books Sr. VP Joe Meyer for his support. Join Free www.tax-titans.com

When I first saw this item posted, I thought it was spam, but now I see it is spam posted with the blessing of the site operator. (I have no problem with that).

While I am not actively seeking new clients at this time, I have a few questions/concerns which do not seem to be addressed at the web site that I could find.
    • Requires "5 Business Referrals" - you mean, I have to get Sec. 7216 consent to disclose forms from five of my existing business clients and then give you their contact info? I see this as a big problem if I am currently an employee at a tax firm. Even if not, how do I know you won't just try to poach those clients?
    • "Traditional tax firm" - if I have a solo practice, are you saying I'm not a traditional tax firm? I think tens if not hundreds of thousands of preparers might have a quibble with this characterization.
    • Keep more money - so basically, you are charging a 10% commission for a new client referral. Is this for the first year only? Does this mean the client must be invoiced and paid using your system?
    • "fully vetted to ensure high caliber industry standards" - are you limiting this to EAs, CPAs, and attorneys? What about states that have licensing for paid tax preparers? Speaking of states, are clients limited to seeing bids only from preparers in their resident state?
    Perhaps the biggest problem I see is the inability to have a discussion with the client about their situation, why they are looking for a new preparer, review prior year returns, etc. It looks like the one and only factor that the client has to go on is price. Can the preparer disengage after their bid is accepted, if they learn the client is a poor fit?

"Think of us as the Airbnb of taxes."

You may want to re-think that analogy. AirBNB is known nowadays for screwing over a significant number of its customers (the lodgers, not the hosts).
    Last edited by Rapid Robert; 01-11-2023, 12:45 PM.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

They've now changed it to "Think of us as the dating App of taxes."

Comment

Working...
      X