Schedule K-1 from Partnership Reporting 50% Dividend Rec'd Deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule K-1 from Partnership Reporting 50% Dividend Rec'd Deduction

My client has invested in a partnership that is a hedge fund. The Schedule K-1 reports the following on Line 11I Other Income:

Ordinary Income
    Net Sect 475 Inc
    Net LT Cap Gain
    Ord Foreign Div from trading activities
    Qual Foreign Div from trading activities
    Ord US Div from trading activities
    Qual US Div from trading activities
    Trade or business expense
    US Interest income from trading activities
    Foreign Interest income from trading activities
    US Gov't Obligations

Then in the Supplemental Footnotes, the K-1 reports:

The partner's allocable share of dividends qualifying for the 50% Dividends Received Deduction is $X,XXX

I don't know if the Dividends Received Deduction is already accounted for in the total dividends listed above. Also, if it is not included, I don't know how to report the deduction. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I reported the Net LT Cap Gain on 11I Net long-term Capital gain (loss) (Business). I use UltraTax for software. I also reported the Dividends on lines 6a and 6b. Did I do this correctly? Or should the total of all items be reported on line 11I, other income (loss) reported on Schedule E, exactly how it's reported on Schedule K-1?

Thank you in advance for any feedback that can be provided.

After further research, I have read that the dividends received deduction allows a company that receives a dividend from another company to deduct that dividend from its income and reduce its tax accordingly. Therefore, I believe there is nothing further I need to do with the additional information provided to my client regarding this. Does anyone disagree?

Comment

Working...
    X