PTIN Renewal Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Renewal Time

Has anyone heard when IRS will open up the PTIN renewal program? Usually comes late September/early October.
    With early renewal invites by IRS.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

After tax season?

Comment

It's still mid-September.
      Renewal emails usually go out in early October or thereabouts. Some of the "older" PTIN number holders receive the info ahead of the newer folks.
      Not on my worry list. 2022 tax filing season is a few days away.

Comment

I contacted the IRS PTIN hotline this morning. The PTIN renewal opened today.
        Different from prior years where IRS would invite only certain PTIN holders an early registration, that doesn't exist this year.
        It's now open to all..
        In case you have any questions relating to your PTIN, the direct number is 877-613-7846

Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

The site is down. here is what it says.
          The IRS Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) system is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Every year for the last five years, IRS has sent out an email news release between Oct 20 and Oct 23 reminding tax pros to renew their PTINs.

Any reason why it should be different this year?
            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
              Every year for the last five years, IRS has sent out an email news release between Oct 20 and Oct 23 reminding tax pros to renew their PTINs.

Any reason why it should be different this year?
              I think I read somewhere they are no longer sending out renewal email notifications as in the past.
              Perhaps because "The IRS Tax Professional PTIN System has been updated with a new look and feel. You may be prompted to update some of your account information upon login."

Comment

The PTIN system is finally up and running.
                It may take a while to wade through / update the new security-related login sequence.
                On a brighter note, the fee has been reduced to $30.75 .

Comment

PTIN Renewed. Took less than 5 minutes.
                  Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
                  X