Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torn between outsourcing payroll to a faceless giant or a small local provider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn between outsourcing payroll to a faceless giant or a small local provider.

I want my firm to be a one stop shop with value billing for outsourced accountant services.

I think payroll is an integral part of that model and I don't want to send clients on their own to Gusto or ADP to potentially mess it up. However, I also don't want to be too involved in payroll so I'm looking for the most hands off provider I can find at a reasonable price. I worry with the large providers like Gusto will leave me hanging if there's ever an issue.

If I partner with a small payroll firm, I wonder if I could still act as the liaison between client and payroll in order to provide that "white glove" service.

For those of you that have partnered with a small local payroll provider, what was the experience like?

What were the logistics of the partnership in terms of engagement letters, coordination with client, billings, etc.?

What kind of prices are we talking about for a small firm vs a Gusto price of ~$40/month?

Appreciate any input.

I never had a problem with ADP. I see what your saying though about a small provider: assuming customers service may be better. I am finding that everywhere there seems to be hiring issues and this is affecting small companies as well. In other words you may not want to assume that small means better right now.
    "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

Originally posted by DebitThatCreditThis View Post
      I want my firm to be a one stop shop with value billing for outsourced accountant services.

I think payroll is an integral part of that model and I don't want to send clients on their own to Gusto or ADP to potentially mess it up. However, I also don't want to be too involved in payroll so I'm looking for the most hands off provider I can find at a reasonable price. I worry with the large providers like Gusto will leave me hanging if there's ever an issue.

If I partner with a small payroll firm, I wonder if I could still act as the liaison between client and payroll in order to provide that "white glove" service.

For those of you that have partnered with a small local payroll provider, what was the experience like?

What were the logistics of the partnership in terms of engagement letters, coordination with client, billings, etc.?

What kind of prices are we talking about for a small firm vs a Gusto price of ~$40/month?

Appreciate any input.

Way more than $40/month for full payroll support. Basically the way I look at it is ADT/Gusto etc the client is doing all the work etc, hence the small price as they are absorbing the cost with their labor to process there own payroll.

In BFE IL I charge $200 /month for bi-weekly payroll 1 employee everything included. Your mileage will vary.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X