Company Vested Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Vested Stock

I have a client has vested that is sold by the company and taxes are withheld. The amount is added to her income, but she says the taxes paid id not and she wants me to deduct $40,000 in taxes paid. Which I am not going to do. But shouldn't the financial institution that handles the transaction provide her with an end of year tax statemen?

Thank you

The gross included in her income is not the amount that she received to put in her checking account. She deposited the net of gross minus taxes withheld.
    Have her look back at the amount deposited to show the difference.
    Last edited by BOB W; 06-30-2022, 12:40 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

"shouldn't the financial institution that handles the transaction provide her with an end of year tax statemen?"

What statement are you working from?

Your initial scenario is also garbled. Vested what? RSUs? Options? Why was stock she owned being sold by the company, which didn't own it?
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
      X