FFCRA that provides comparable credits for self-employed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFCRA that provides comparable credits for self-employed

Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for Leave Prior to April 1, 2021. I have a client who owns a recreational axe throwing business. They were part of the industry mandated to close during the pandemic. My client has inquired about a portion of the FFCRA that provides comparable credits for self-employed for self-employed individuals carrying on any trade or business within he meaning of section 1402 of the Internal Revenue Code. Would anyone be able to assist me with this as I am not familiar with it at all?

See the 3/19/2020 Tax Industry News update from TheTaxBook: Families First Coronavirus Response Act

"Credit for sick leave for certain self-employed individuals. An eligible self-employed
    individual is allowed an income tax credit for the 2020 tax year for a qualified sick leave
    equivalent amount. An eligible self-employed individual is defined as an individual who
    regularly carries on a trade or business and would be entitled to receive paid leave under
    Division E of HR 6201 (the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act) if the individual were an employee
    of an employer (other than himself or herself) that is subject to the requirements
    of the new law."
    There are several paragraphs and examples for self-employed, including family leave credits.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

I think you are looking for Form 7202 and its Instructions.

Comment

Form 7202 is not available at irs.gov as a current year form. If you follow the link https://www.irs.gov/system/files/irs-pdf/f7202.pdf, you will get Error 404. Sorry, this page is not available. Nor can you get any results if you do a normal form search.

However, you can still find it if you look in prior years, even thought there appears to be a 2021 version of the form.

There are several FAQ pages at the IRS web site, start here for a good overview:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/paid-si...mparison-chart

Last edited by Rapid Robert; 06-15-2022, 07:00 PM.
        "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
        X