W-2, 1099 information posted to taxpayer's account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-2, 1099 information posted to taxpayer's account

Approximately what date after tax season to W-2/1099 reporting forms get posted to a taxpayer's account?

A client mailed me his income tax information on March 27th, but never got here - even in today's mail. Unfortunately, even after advising him (a 93 year old widower) to put tracking on it - he didn't do it.
    I don't live in his county any longer - I'm 100 miles away. I had to put an extension on the Federal and NYS returns based on withholdings in 2020.

So I'm inquiring as to how soon I can go and get a transcript request - after first obtaining a POA? No state withholding taxes are involved.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Not sure, but I seem to recall it won't be until sometime in May, at least under normal circumstances. But since your POA will probably take a few weeks, might as well get started on that now.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

From IRS website:

Note: Wage and income transcripts are available for up to 10 years but current tax year information may not be complete until July.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. At least I know a timeline. I'm having this client - since late March - contact the income sources for duplicate 1099 information. Contacted him yesterday - he has some but not all.
        So when he gets all, then I asked him to CERTIFY with tracking information when mailing. He has a son and grandson living in his neighborhood who can actually bring to post office to get weighed for sufficient postage.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
        X