Owner of two LLCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owner of two LLCs

My client has started two California SMLLCs. My software will only allow one to be attached to the 540. What is the right way to deal with this? They are both disregarded entities, so I am not worried about the federal return.

What software?

Comment

"My software will only allow one to be attached to the 540. What is the right way to deal with this?"

Get better software.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Sorry, I'm not paying for upgraded software in April. I just need to know how to file the return.

Comment

On paper. Or, check with your tech support first to see if they have a workaround.

Comment

Did that first before I tried here. They say California law will only allow one 568 per 540. So, after some more time studying the FTB site,I'm thinking I'll just have to file the second one on paper.

Comment

"They say California law will only allow one 568 per 540"

"They" may be lying to you. My software supports multiple LLC forms with CA Form 540 for efiling. Why would legislators pass such a law as "they" claim?
              "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Maahs View Post
                Did that first before I tried here. They say California law will only allow one 568 per 540. So, after some more time studying the FTB site,I'm thinking I'll just have to file the second one on paper.
                Have you contacted “California Franchise Tax Board?

Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
                X