Where to Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Mail

As much as we would prefer, not everything can be electronically filed.

This means a return will have to be snail mailed.

The instructions used to tell us up front where to mail a form. Now the instructions are contained in a series of links on the left margin of endless pages of verbage. I don't know that anywhere in this endless list of links does it tell us where to mail. We all know they don't want a paper return, but we can't always help it.

Comments??

Please be more specific about WHAT you want to mail. Here are mailing addresses for personal income tax returns:

Comment

Found an address for an SS-4.

But that is a good example. A corporation filing its first 1120-S, or 1120 and has not submitted an SS-4 cannot electronically file. I've always sent in the SS-4 with the first return and it gets a FEIN issued.

Comment

Haven't done one in decades (my own) but I thought you could get FEIN online.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          Haven't done one in decades (my own) but I thought you could get FEIN online.
          Is this the same?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...-to-get-an-ein

ALSO. (Source: Legal Zoom)

How Do I File an SS-4?

There are three ways to file an SS-4 form with the IRS: online, by fax, or by mail. Even if you file your form by fax or mail, you should consult the IRS website to be sure you are sending it to the correct fax number or address, as these may change over time.
          • Filing Online. You can complete the form and file it online at the IRS website. This will enable you to get you your EIN number immediately.
          • Filing by Fax. If you file by fax, you will get your number in about four business days. If your principal place of business or legal residence is in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia, fax your SS-4 to: 855-641-6935. If your principal place of business and your residence is outside of the U.S., fax it to: From the U.S.: 855-215-1627; From outside of the U.S.: 304-707-9471. Be sure to check the most current version of the IRS Instructions for Form SS-4, and the most current version of the SS-4 form itself, to be sure you have the most current information.
          • Filing by Mail. If you file by mail, it will take about four weeks to get your number. Mail your Form SS-4 to: Internal Revenue Service, Attn: EIN Operation, Cincinnati, OH 45999. But again, check the current version of the IRS Instructions for Form SS-4, and the SS-4 form itself, to be sure you have the most current information.

Last edited by TAXNJ; 03-06-2022, 05:20 PM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
          X