LTR 3064C for Deferred SE Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTR 3064C for Deferred SE Tax

I see posts, announcements, and the Tax Book Tax Updates referring to CP256V Notices about the deferred SE tax under the provision provided in the CARES Act. However, none of the clients of our firm received a CP256V. They are all receiving LTR 3064C. I have done lots of searching to try and determine if the LTR 3064C would follow different guidance than the CP256V, but I cannot find a relevant search result about LTR 3064C. Has anyone else experienced this?

As I understand it the CP256V is notifying TP of the need to pay deferred SS tax. The LTR 3064C is only informing the TP his employer deferred His share of the SS tax, and no action required. Keep in mind the LTR can also address other issues which may require action.

Comment

Thank you. Yes, but the LTR 3064C is going to the farmer/Self-employed business owner. None of our clients received the CP256V. The LTR 3064C says the same thing the CP256V is reported to say, but without a payment voucher.

Comment

Regardless of which form your client received, if they deferred SE tax it has to be paid. Here is a link on instructions:

Comment

Working...
        X