Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY e-FILE

From Wolters Kluwer/CCH:

State of New York 1040 Return Reject Code R0170 – UPDATED 10/06/2021 at 3:15PM EDT.

On 10/6/21 at 3:15 PM EST we received communications from the State of New York (NYS) with an updated status about eFile returns. Currently, NYS is not pulling e-file returns due to an issue with the SSNValidation Status between the NYS and the IRS. This issue results in rejected returns with a Reject code of R0170. We will update you as we receive new information from the State of New York or the IRS. Please hold these returns and do not re-submit them until we receive additional guidance.

Thanks Lion. I was wondering what was going on with NY because I filed a return on extension and when I submitted the final return last week it was rejected with that error code. I got so upset because it said SS mismatch when NY had already accepted the extension and many prior year returns, I fired off an angry e-mail to NY Dept of taxation to get their act together.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I spent days on a NY return; but IRS and CT already accepted the same name/SS#, and the extension to NY was accepted. And, I've been filing that guy since he was a little boy with investment income his grandparents gave him. I even had him calling the SSA. CCH told me others were having an issue, but the newbie I spoke with knew very little. I guess CCH got enough calls/saw enough rejects with the same error code that CCH called NY and posted yesterday. CCH's second post is the one above. I now have two returns that I sent before Wednesday afternoon's post. CCH promised to post on their support site and their e-file site when NY fixes the problem and we can resend.

All my NY commuter returns were accepted through September. October started with this!!

Comment

I searched their site and could not even find an update to the solution. I suggest all tax professionals to leave a critical feedback at

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Done!!!!!!

Comment

We have received new updates on New York Rejection: R0170:

***Important Update - Posted 10/8/2021 3:37PM EDT*** We received communication from the State of New York (NYS) reporting a temporary fix which resolved the R0170 reject. According the NYS, you can now resume transmitting returns, and NYS will resume pulling from the IRS previously transmitted returns. Returns in Rejected status for R0170 can be re-uploaded and released without calculating. Returns already in Transmitted status will be acknowledged when NYS pulls the files and processes them.

Please refer to article for more updates: https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/000060402/000060402

Comment

Thanks Lion. Just got my Ack. What a nightmare!

Comment

Working...
              X