S Corp Investment Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S Corp Investment Account

Client has S-Corp and all income flows through to him annually (single member) including capital gains on stock sales in brokerage account which were purchased with after-tax money. Now he wants to transfer account to himself. Does this initiate a taxable transaction? He has personal account with same brokerage so they just moved it. Nothing was sold.

Interesting scenario. Who purchased (owns) the Investment Account?

Do not know if this would be related to your scenario but you can decide.

https://corporatedirect.com/asset-pr...-paper-assets/
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 06-21-2021, 03:09 PM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I believe the question based on the facts is
      "How can I distribute corporate assets to a shareholder without it being reported as a distribution, removing the asset from the corporation"?
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

How the asset was created may matter, personal money put in Corp as a loan or capital investment or from profit over the years that was not distributed. If a loan, the initial loan basis would be reduced first and any excess would be a distribution. If from Corp earnings over the years it would be a distribution. Both of those issues would be no tax unless basis is exceeded for this or other reasons.
        Last edited by BOB W; 06-23-2021, 09:37 AM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thank you All. Question answered.

Comment

Working...
          X